First shave with Soap Commander

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by cubancigar2000, Jan 25, 2015.

1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I ordered one to try from Maggards during his moving sale because I had heard good things about the soap. May be the best soap I have ever used./ It is as good as Martin De Candre & Le Pere Lucien. It needs a lot of water but it is an incredibly good lather. This one was the "Passion" cant wait to get more when they are back in stk

2. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Enabler! I have a hard enough time deciding between Tabac and Latha. I might as well get both.

3. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Soap Commander is my next artistian to try.

4. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

I picked up the Vision scent in a trade, and it smells like cool water colgne with some added mint. It's refreshing, and one heck of a value.

I'm not 100% sold on this scent, and want to try a different one...without mint.

I'm also curious to try their AS balm.

cubancigar2000 likes this.
  5. cubancigar2000

I like the passion. It has a strong scent of Teakwood and Cardiman. I have the Love balm and really like it

Douglas Carey and clint64 like this.
  6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I just with they had balms without menthol. I find it to be a bit too strong for a non-menthol lover like myself (and someone who can't read labels before he buys products apparently) :)

Douglas Carey likes this.
  7. cubancigar2000

I too am a non menthol lover and did not read the label lol. I am pleasantly surprised however. It is very subtle

Douglas Carey and Darkbulb like this.
  8. cubancigar2000

The RR Zi Pepino balm is very mild

9. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

Which balm did you get?

10. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Endurance:

[​IMG]

It smells pretty good. Supposedly like original Old Spice...but I can't remember it so I can't tell you how close to that it is.

Douglas Carey, Tdmsu and JR Reyes like this.
  11. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I have been using Soap Commander in the Confidence scent for the 30 day January challenge. It is a fantastic soap. You mentioned the strong scent of Teakwood and Cardamom. I had that first impression the passion scent as well. The scent does seem to round out after a few shaves and really turns into something very nice.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015
  12. Sean Coughlin

Sean Coughlin Well-Known Member

Huge fan of the vision...for those on the fence, I highly recommend picking up some ASB as well. I'm normally not a big balm guy, but the soap commander balm is BOMB!

Omelmad likes this.
  13. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

I have Confidence soap, I would love to try the balm one day

Omelmad and clint64 like this.
  14. theFAT98

theFAT98 Well-Known Member

On my to try list.

15. Porter

Porter Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried the Purpose (bay rum) scent? Also, @cubancigar2000 if the Vision scent doesn't work out for you, I'm looking to trade for that one, so PM me if you decide to let go of it.

16. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

according to nick shaves a little goes a Long way.. But I have no idea haha

17. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Does anyone? Hahaha

18. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I have several scents by soap commander. it is a good soap that seems to last forever. I recently picked up the Japanese grapefruit one called Inspiration from Maggard's. they offer some unique scents and I don't think ive heard anyone say they 3017 a tub

19. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I got a tub of the Endurance and I agree 3017 one of these tubs would bore me out of my mind regardless of how good it is ;)

20. tito catson

tito catson Active Member

The RESPECT soap has an amazing scent. It is by far my favorite soap in my den. I can't wait to try others.