SoS: January 19, 2015 - January 25, 2015

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Jan 18, 2015.

1. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

+1 regarding IanS Cinnamon Girl,. Fantastic smelling soap and a great performer. One of the best soaps under the radar. Haven't tried the Chai Tea but if it smells anything like real Chai Tea I know I would like that one with the quality of the Maggard Soaps.

2. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Sweet Picture. Love the brush.

3. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

25 Jan 2015
    Saop - L Occitane Cade
    Brush - WD Synthetic
    Razor - Merkur 34C
    Blade - Personna 74* (4)
    AS - Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve
    Overall another DFS close to BBS. The blade performance is unbelievable in every razor I have used it in so far.
    image.jpg

4. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Eine andere absolut prima Rasur, oder? :)

Bama Samurai and oscar11 like this.
  5. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Ja Jeff, die Rasur war klasse. :):):)

crackstar likes this.
  6. oscar11

oscar11 Well-Known Member

6/8 Friodur
    TOBS Sandalwood Soap, changed my mind at the last moment
    rehandled SOC 2 band knot
    Very nice shave this morning. This SOC 2 band fits my expectations of what a nice badger knot is, o.k., I won't bring it up again but I really like it and picked it up 1/2 price. My other favorite is a Shavemac pure. I've spent alot more money on knots but these are doing it for me, at least for now. Throw in
    a good boar or two and I'm happy. Have a good one.
    [​IMG]

7. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Beautiful brush! Gustavo creates works of art.

Bama Samurai, celestino and crackstar like this.
  8. Stroker

Stroker Well-Known Member

SOTD Sunday 1-25-2015

Cadet OC w/Wilkinson Sword
    Noxema
    TOBS SC - St. James
    GP Scuttle
    Omega Boar
    Dickinson's WH
    GB Body Lotion
    Pinaud Lime sec EDC

Shave Photo 350SM.jpg

9. JR Reyes

JR Reyes I scream for....chicken wings??

2015-01-25_11.05.25.jpg
    Single Edge Sunday...

I went for it...and just dove off the deep end. I won this straight a while back in a PIF, and got the wild hair to give it a go. I read @youngunn post and was curious if straights could really ruin it for safety razors.

I've been doing my homework and watching videos to help with technique tips. I went 2 passes with some clean up.

My chin burns a little, but overall, I got a really good shave. Best of all, I walked away without any bloodshed.

I think my single edge Sunday is now going to be Straight Razor Sunday...

Now I need to learn how to keep this thing sharp. The kit included some stuff, but I don't know where to start...let the youtube research begin...

Enjoy your weekend Gents...

10. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

Sunday, Jan 25 2015

DSCN0131[1] (1024x768).jpg

Mystic Water shave soap
    WSP Chubby Best Badger
    EJ89L razor
    Personna Lab blade
    TSD Commando Cocktail

New set up for the next few days. Nice leisurely shave this morning before heading out pick up a few groceries.

Dave

11. trey06dmd

trey06dmd Arko eater

Love the Lime Sec. I find it fades too quickly though.

crackstar likes this.
  12. Seabs

Seabs Well-Known Member

Had insomnia from 2 am after falling asleep at midnight. So I went downstairs and trolled random cable shows until I was running too late to get a shower before church. So I went with a proraso aloe and vitamin e shave and proraso aloe and vitamin e cream face wash. Results: cool as the other side of the pillow. Splashed some of the new shave den traditional scent with menthol milk on the face and result were more cool. Hashtagfrozen!
    Have a great day boys and girls.
    [​IMG]

13. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

Iberia 14
    Omega synthetic brush
    Tabula Rasa Olibanum soap
    Musgo Real Balm

Photo taken at the Sarah P. Duke Gardens Durham, North Carolina

IMG_1674.JPG

14. Seabs

Seabs Well-Known Member

I'm thinking that someone here has put together a safety razor blade review. I know it's a personal choice but all blades have certain qualities which make them better or worse for different faces. Can someone point me in this direction? Much appreciated in advance.

15. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

Thanks, Guy! :)

Bama Samurai and crackstar like this.
  16. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

Thanks, Mark! :)

Bama Samurai and crackstar like this.
  17. trey06dmd

trey06dmd Arko eater

Sunday Shave

[​IMG]

Prep: Hot shower w/ Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap
    Music: Mississippi Delta Blues mix
    Lather: Arko
    Brush: Omega 13522
    Razor: '46-'50 Gillette Heavy Gold Tech
    Blade: Shark Super Stainless

Nice shave today. Close to DFS, still have issues getting close around the chin. Minimal irritation. I think I kinda like the Sharks. Eager to try more blades though

18. Mr. Droid

Mr. Droid Well-Known Member

SoTD Sunday, January 25 or SINGLEMANIA! Special edition: Extra Valet content!

Pre- lavender eucalyptus PSO
    Soap- Arko
    Brush- Blondie (unknown handle, new 20/50 boar knot)
    Razor- Valet vc1
    Blade- Feather
    Rinse- Osage
    Aftershave- Seaforth scotch leather
    Lotion- Kiehl's
    Cologne- Aveda Men Pureformance

[​IMG]

I had started the day with a big plan to use a Rolls Razor. Having recently used one of the three that I own, I thought it might be fun to throw one into SINGLEMANIA. But for some reason, rather than going with the one that proved itself usable, I decided to try out a different one. So I spent twenty minutes honing and stropping (and strop dressing), got into position, lathered up...and the blade was not ready. Not at all. So I had to switch razors. I was desperately trying to find an SE type that I haven't used in SINGLEMANIA yet, but everything within reach has been shown. I wasn't wearing clothes at that moment, so I didn't want to parade through the house to get something interesting out of the showcase. Then I saw my pile of Valet Auto Strop razors from a few days ago. And although I only have about five of them, several different styles are represented. So I picked one that was different from my previous Valet SoTD, loaded the feather blade I had used once and got busy.
    This valet strikes me as being a little cheaper than the other versions I have used. Rather than the notched, hinged blade gate, the blade holder is just press fit. It still gave a great shave, 2 pass DFS plus. And the simplified head feels less massive. The Feather blade is on its second use, and at first I thought it was done. But then I realized that the tugging was due to me holding the razor at an incorrect angle. With that sussed, all was good.
    The rest of the shave consisted of appearances by usual suspects, and as such,I don't have much to ramble on about. Hope yours went well also! I will see you all next week... the third week of my week long celebration of all things Single Edge...

19. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

Hi Friends,

now i´m back home and here as promised my photo of my SOTD:

[​IMG]
    Olyfa Razor || Michell´s Wool Fat || Semogue 620 || Lada blade || Calani Beard-Oil Preshave

Greetings
    Thorsten​

20. crodaba1

crodaba1 New Member

Sunday shave of the day:
    Nivea Sensative Face Wash
    Parker 65r Razor
    Shark Super Chrome Blade
    VDH Brush
    TOBs Grapefruit
    Axe Chilled
    Old Spice AS

Overall good first shave. Couple weepers around the chin line. Need to adjust angle there I believe.