What do you use in your hair?

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by J_Man, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Jasio78

Jasio78 Well-Known Member

I know I'm in UK. But I'm sure it's the same. I use DAX hair creme. Purple tin. I get from my barbers. But they do heavier dressings. I've tried the gold, that actually comes in a green tin!! It's so heavy I was tempted to drill a wick into it and use it as a lamp. But they do a red tin and a blue tin, and a white too. Don't know what order of 'hold' they offer, but there is clearly options. Most of the ones I've sampled smell fantastic.

Oh. As a side note DAX vegetable shampoo is fantastic too.

youngunn likes this.
  2. WhiskerWhacker

WhiskerWhacker Well-Known Member

The red tin is what I am using. It's been awhile since I used Murray's but IIRC they are about the same consistency. I think I preferred Dax because it felt less greasy hours after putting it on. And perhaps it was less shiny?

youngunn and Jasio78 like this.
  3. Mr. Droid

Mr. Droid Well-Known Member

The Dax I used to use was in a red tin. It is amber and waxy. Almost exactly like Murray's. The only real difference I recall is that I always felt that Murray's softens with body heat faster than Dax. So Dax is better for holding one's punk rock hair aloft. Murray's tends to collapse.

youngunn and Jasio78 like this.
  4. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

What hair????????

Sara-s, BigMark and baldeez88 like this.
  5. youngunn

youngunn Where's my TSD aftershave balm???

May need to pick up some dax. Murrays holds my very wavy hair okay at first but then gives up about two hours in.

6. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

I have tried tons of products, mostly using gels and pastes until I found traditional shaving. I then started buying pomades, and I especially like the water based ones. Layrite has been my favourite so far and I have used or am using El Patron, Woodys and American Crew. I am going to be trying this tomorrow[​IMG]

7. Greg F.

Greg F. Well-Known Member

Just picked up a jar of Iron Society from my barber yesterday and man does this stuff smell amazing. Very clean, masculine peppery spice scent and the hold is firm. I also like that it's water soluble so it's out of my hair in one wash.

8. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

My husband asks that all the time. Then he applies some Turtle wax for a healthy glow. :)

9. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

Been giving this try for the last week or so.
    Not at all expensive, and smells very nice.
    I apply right out of the shower and so far, so good.
    Light to medium hold, and works all day.

Clubman Hair Gel 16oz.jpg

10. elduderino914

elduderino914 Active Member

Currently using axe messy look styling gum. Not quite as stiff as pomade and not as loose as gel. I know someone posted earlier they need to use a lot. doesn't take me much but I just go with a slicked back look. I just put a dab in my hands and push my hair back and it stays all day (even with constantly running my hand threw it). I like the Paul Mitchell moisturizer but its a bit pricey and does not hold up once my hair starts to get too long

11. Hersh

Hersh Well-Known Member

A razor jk

12. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

Now I'm using King Brown Long Hold Pomade. Today was the first time I used it. I started with Dapper Dan, moved to Lockhart's Medium Hold, and now King Brown.

It kind of has a waxy surface on top, but kind of feels like a really thick hand cream after that waxy layer is broken. It smells just like HTGAM Cavendish to my nose.

The hold is pretty nice and doesn't feel too greasy.

My next pomade I'm moving on to will be Tres Flores.

13. David Green

David Green Active Member

What is this "hair" you speak of? I hear it's supposed to grow on the top of our head. I that really true??;)

14. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Check you back. :p :rofl:

David Green likes this.
  15. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

20150221_114759.jpg
    what else would a shaving enthusiast use?

16. David Green

David Green Active Member

Ah. There it is... It must have migrated due to gravity

richgem likes this.
  17. Ryan B

Still going strong with King Brown Long Hold.

18. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I really love Anchor's water based pomade. It's been my hairstyling product for quite some time now.
    Their Teddy Boy Matte is fantastic.

[​IMG]

19. Ryan B

I might have to check that stuff out. I'm on an oil based pomade kick now, but will be switching on and off now between water and oil based.

20. Justin Linker

Justin Linker Wetshaving belieber

Head & Shoulders shampoo. Suave Almond and Shea Butter conditioner for the washing.

As for the style. Clippers to cut it down to the near stubble. That's it.