Third Restore: Ever Ready 100

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by SRNewb, Jan 29, 2015.

1. HoosierTrooper

HoosierTrooper Steve-less in Indiana

That turned out great! And the "irreg"stamp gives it some added character. I've got two others, one with a red bottom and the other brown.

[​IMG]

Erik Redd likes this.
  2. SRNewb

SRNewb Well-Known Member

Clint and Tom, thanks. I'm happy so far, but the shave's the test.
    Tom, once again, sweet brushes. The brown one you don't see often.

3. Mr. Droid

Mr. Droid Well-Known Member

Wow, I have never seen the brown. Super cool.

The 'irreg' stamp is great. I love this particular brush handle, it is fairly common, but that stamp makes yours pretty special in my opinion. Man, you guys all find such awesome stuff locally!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2015
    HoosierTrooper and SRNewb like this.
  4. SRNewb

SRNewb Well-Known Member

Thanks.
    I got "lucky" finding this handle. If you consider spending your last ten bucks lucky, lol. But the knot was sitting at the house, and the blue on that handle screamed "Buy me!". So I did.

5. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Nice restore, Mike. And thanks for the pics of the progress! :happy088:

SRNewb likes this.
  6. SRNewb

SRNewb Well-Known Member

Thanks, BaconLord!
    BTW, it must be wonderful being BaconLord. Bacon is my favorite food. Bacon is the food that makes other food taste good. Love me some bacon!
    We now return you to your previously scheduled topic.

7. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

The brush looks great, Mike! :happy088:

SRNewb likes this.
  8. GSlim66

GSlim66 Well-Known Member

Nice job

SRNewb likes this.
  9. SRNewb

SRNewb Well-Known Member

Thanks!

10. SRNewb

SRNewb Well-Known Member

Post shave pic.

[​IMG]

Shaved with this brush tonight. Lathered a puck of Stirling Lavender Sage like a Boss. Brush has the perfect amount of backbone and softness for me.
    I have been searching for a brush that had a good backbone, but was easy on the face when I went for some splay. Most brushes I have come across that had good backbone, I had to really press it into my face to get the splay I was looking for. This brush has enough backbone to rip right through a puck of soap, but it gives without trying to spring back and bounce off of your face like others I have used.
    And I thought that the F2 Finest in 18mm I set in my ER 500PBT had soft tips, but this thing has an incredibly soft face feel. The F2 is soft and very luxurious in feel. This knot has a wonderful softness, but it has a good firmness as well, Zero scritch, and a light scrub if I want it. None if I don't.
    I think this knot at 48mm loft is my ideal. It did not bloom much post shave, but the brush is still wet, so I may get a little more after it dries. Or, it may take a week or two to get it to open up. To be honest, I don't care if it ever does. It is lovely in every way, and I'm a lucky man to have it in my rotation.
    Thanks to all who followed along.

HoosierTrooper and grump like this.
  11. grump

grump Well-Known Member

Nice!