What do you use in your hair?

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by J_Man, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Anchors is "waterbased pomades with the styling power of oil based"
    Teddy Boy Matte is a medium-strength hold pomade with a low shine but they also have a product, that I haven't tried, that has a stronger hold.

2. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

My only water based ones are Dapper Dan and Tres Flores. I haven't tried Tres Flores yet, but Dapper Dan has a medium hold with a pretty decent shine. But I've heard nothing but good things about Anchor's. Uppercut Deluxe is also another good water based pomade I want to get my hands on.

3. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I keep seeing Tres Flores at Walgreen's these days...do let me know how you like it. I assume it's something similar to Vitalis?

4. Ryan B

I will use that pomade next. If I remember correctly, Vitalis is a hair tonic? Tres Flores has a hair tonic, but the stuff I have comes in a 6 oz. jar. I keep hearing that it can be found locally, but I guess I haven't paid enough attention. I only ordered it to put myself over the threshold for free shipping. Might as well use it since I have it.

5. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Taconic shampoo bar (bay rum at present), some sorta anti frizz oil SWMBO uses, and Suavecito Firm Hold Pomade. Since I've grown the hair out, Dax and oil based pomades are out of the picture.

6. Ryan B

I used Tres Flores Pomade tonight. It is an oil based pomade and has very little shine to it. It smells good and went in really easily. But the hold on it doesn't add up to the oil based ones I've used like King Brown or Lockhart's Medium. I have stray hairs that don't want to cooperate along the part, but at least it will easy to wash out.

Darkbulb likes this.
  7. Ryan B

This Tres Flores isn't bad. I used it again tonight. The hold is good when you get the right amount in your hair. At first, I didn't have enough. The scent is light, but I catch whiffs of it throughout the day. Since it's water based, it's extremely easy to wash out. I'll use it for the rest of the week and then go back to Lockhart's Medium Hold.

8. Ryan B

I'm back on Dapper Dan Deluxe. For the longest time, the scent of Dapper Dan has reminded me of a scent from my childhood. After thinking about it, the scent is a lot like the Herbal Essence Shampoo my parents used to buy for me and my sister when I was a kid. One thing I should mention is that I have been using pomade wrong. Instead of having my hair completely dry when I apply it, I've been applying it to damp hair. That is why the water based pomades of mine weren't holding very well. Well, after waiting a couple hours after I showered to put in pomade, I was able to pull off a really tight, sleek, business side part hairstyle with Dapper Dan. I can pull off a business pomp too, but the business side part is more to my liking.

Also, I have Type 550 Extra Firm Hold on the way. It should be here by Friday.

9. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Has anybody tried Admiral Medium Fiber? I am new to pomades and am looking for something with little shine.