Anyone ever used Noxzema canned shave cream?

Discussion in 'Shave Creams' started by Razor Blade 79, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Razor Blade 79

Razor Blade 79 Well-Known Member

I'm going to be traveling for my job for a couple weeks soon and I won't be taking all my shave gear so I'm looking at the Noxzema canned cream to use with a Proglide while I'm out of town. Anyone ever use this cream? If so is it better than using canned goo?

2. Weeper Warrior

Weeper Warrior Well-Known Member

If I were going to use canned SC Barbsol with lanolin is pretty good for a canned product.

BigMike and Kilgore Trout like this.
  3. Razor Blade 79

This Noxzema has aloe and lanolin.

4. ChiefShaver

ChiefShaver Well-Known Member

You mean this one?

[​IMG]

I tried it 2-3 times and have to say i like it. It cools very nice and has a nice smell to it. It´s the only canned product i have. The lather is thick,softens the hair as good as my "normal" shaving soaps and is protective. It´s a shame that Noxzema stopped the shave cream in a tube. But if the cream in a tube would be just like this canned stuff,i would buy it everytime i see it. I bought it in my Italy holiday last summer.

Give it a go and tell us how you liked it. I would like to tell you something about the Barbasol,but i havn´t tried it. Only heared that it seems to be very good stuff too.

crackstar likes this.
  5. Razor Blade 79

This is the one I'm talking about.

image.jpg

6. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

I would pack a brush and some shave can in a tube. I threw away the canned gunk years before I started traditional DE shaving. Even if you have to use a cartridge or disposable razor, the brush and cream will be better than the goo.

crackstar likes this.
  7. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

I used the stuff in the red can once. The shave was unremarkable.

I do have a tube of the extinct Noxzema Lather Cream though and that stuff is awesome.

crackstar and ChiefShaver like this.
  8. Ryan B

Ryan B Knight of the Soapocracy

That Noxzema looks like the exact same as the tubed version. Too bad you can't find the tubed stuff anymore.

crackstar and ChiefShaver like this.
  9. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Die echte Noxzema Rasiercreme war so toll und angenehm - bis heute verstehe ich nicht warum es eingestellt wurde. :angry032:

ChiefShaver likes this.
  10. Razor Blade 79

I'd rather not take any of my DE wet shave gear, I'd be mad if I'd forget them at the hotel or if they get stolen or lost. I'd rather just take a proglide and a can of cream. This noxzema does have actual glycerin in it too unlike barborsol and Gillette foamy. I went ahead and bought a can today, it was only $2.50. I'll test it out in a few days.

11. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

Cheap tube of shave cream and an inexpensive boar brush. YMMV

12. Razor Blade 79

I just tried this stuff with my cart razor to see how'd it perform when I travel and wow was I pleasantly surprised. This cream is thick and very slick. I was able to still touch up spots that had no cream due to left over slickness. Can't wait to try this stuff with my safety razor.

13. sugarcane

sugarcane Member

Check ingredients. Most canned foam, contain propane and butane. May not be harmful, but not for me.

14. California Cajun

California Cajun Active Member

This gentleman was very pleased with the attention that his Noxema attracted:

Grick likes this.
  15. BeeGee

BeeGee Active Member

Did you buy it locally or online?

16. BeeGee

BeeGee Active Member

I'd like to try this but all I can find is a source that comes out to $34 shipped . Anyone have a link for this that sells it at a reasonable price?

17. ironthinker

ironthinker Well-Known Member

I have a can of Barbasol when I am in a hurry and saving two minutes count. But when I travel it's a $2.55 boar brush from Bestshave. net and an Arko Stick. My car ashtray is the brush holder while it drys.

Spyder and crackstar like this.
  18. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Not to brag, but I hoarded a whole bunch of Noxzema tube creams and after giving away two, (one of them went to a dear friend and the other went to an ungrateful moron) I'm keeping the others for myself.

19. Razor Blade 79

I got the green can locally, my local grocery store also carries the red can version. The green can is not bad, better than gels. I only use it when I travel though.

20. kolombo

kolombo New Member

I've heard that people should avoid canned shaving creams like the plague!