Razorock tobacco

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Omelmad, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

2. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

That is a great deal! I'm not sure I'd like that much tobacco.

3. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I promise I will not go on about how artisan-soap-customers are paying - and not paid - QA testers :)

Mr. Shaverman, dbersh and Chuck F like this.
  4. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

Apparently this IS the case.
    They appear to be 'field testing' their products before committing to one particular scent or the other. They are letting their clients decide…at a cost.
    I get what they are doing, but many companies do the 'in-house' with paid participants partaking in R&D, or offer free samples to known users.
    Market testing under the guise of doing customers 'a favor' ("amazing deal!!") isnt something in which I'd wish to participate.
    Others may feel differently and consider this a DEAL. I'm sure the soaps are of good quality.

Ceferguson, GregDR, dbersh and 2 others like this.
  5. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

The same can be said about them selling their razor prototypes.

[Getting off the soap box (pun vaguely intended) and storing it deep into the closet this time] :)

[​IMG]

WhiskerWhacker and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  6. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

They got tallow?

7. Omelmad

Well I'm sorry! Hahaha but I do understand what you mean. But I guess some people would love that deal

Darkbulb likes this.
  8. DentonMajik

DentonMajik Well-Known Member

Is it only pay pal on their website?

9. DentonMajik

Just ordered, can't wait

Omelmad likes this.
  10. Sal

Sal Member

any reviews on this scent?

11. Omelmad

I cant answer your questions guys, i have never purchased anything from IB, I just thought some of you would like the deal =)

12. DentonMajik

Hi Sal,

I used tobacco #1 and haven't had a chance to use #2 yet. That's for tomorrow. #1 has a great tobacco scent that isn't overpowering, yet not too subtle. It lathered very nicely and left my face feeling great. I felt as if the scent stayed with me for a while too which was nice. It combined well with classic Aqua Velva in my honest opinion.

13. DentonMajik

Alright, today I used tobacco #2 and man it smelled great. I think this formula hits more of the higher tobacco scent notes, whereas #1 has more deep heavier notes of tobacco. In my opinion its a nice lighter, but full tobacco scent. Kind of reminds you of smelling pipe smoke in the wind and looking around to see where it's coming from. This is a very good lather and very smooth, however I think it dried up quicker than #1. It could have been my technique, I might have needed a little more water. All in all though, I used this with a brand new Astra Superior Platinum blade and followed up with some 4711 aftershave. Both the soap and the aftershave went really well together. Both soaps are outstanding and I have to say have left my face feeling b.b.s. with absolutely no irritation at all.

14. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

What do they charge for shipping?

15. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

Found it. Flat rate of $7 for under $60. The size is smaller than Cella, I'll pass, but thanks for sharing!

16. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I ordered this soap, along with the Lime, for the price you can't go wrong.