shaving in the service

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by bootshaver, Feb 14, 2015.

1. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I like to get three/ three pass shaves.
    I maybe could get more but I'd rather have better shaves than more shaves on each blade

trey06dmd likes this.
  2. 2grubswrestle1

2grubswrestle1 Active Member

How many shaves you get out of a blade depends on the blade.
    Personna Blue Labs I can get at least 6 2-pass shaves.
    Astra SP'S are about the same.
    Try a sampler pack and see what works for you!

3. Jostalli

Jostalli Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Den and thank you for your service. - You have been given a lot of great info so far. - Stay with it and you will find what works for you.

4. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

PM me your name and address and I'll send you some to try. No charge.

Omaney likes this.
  5. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

You also might want to try alum block right after shaving.

Omaney likes this.
  6. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

20,000 or so, then pass it down so your grandson can get another 20-30,000. :p

I know, I know - you were talking about the blade. :D Some folks toss it after one shave, others have taken a blade into double digit shaves. For you? Toss it when it starts to tug, pull and/or just feels uncomfortable.

7. Rapidray

Rapidray Well-Known Member

:signs011: You have come to a place where help and information are endless. Enjoy.

8. bootshaver

bootshaver Active Member

Well I actually did it I just accomplished a nice irritation free shave. I only did one pass I didn't want to press my luck with 2, but today I'm not goin into work making up some crazy story of what attacked me in my sleep my skin is nice and soft and clean I'm deffenintly ready to take charge and carry out the plan of the plan

9. Birdie

Birdie Active Member

I am on active duty and deployed on ship. Like what has been mentioned before, the one thing I have learned is the same blade does not pair well in every razor. I made my preshave oil and it works well IMO. It took me time to get it right with my technique.

trey06dmd likes this.
  10. bootshaver

bootshaver Active Member

My technique does need much improvement but that will come with time and I'm trying to find the right blade for me, but what did u make ur pre shave out of I found a recipe on here is that the same recipe that you use

11. Birdie

Birdie Active Member

I used the one listed on here. Works as well as that from AOS and cost way less.

12. deruitem

deruitem New Member

for prep try a hot shower. Cold water shaving helps save my skin. Also as far as how many shaves you can get out of a blade it varies depending on your technique and your beard. Most of the time I get about 4