Any Weekend Rituals?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Mike In SC, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Mike In SC

Mike In SC New Member

Greetings all!

I am new to the DE shaving world and have learned to really enjoy shaving every morning. In fact I used to take Saturdays off, now I shave everyday of the week!

One thing I am doing is starting a weekend ritual, starting on Friday morning and for the remainder of the weekend I use Proraso (green and white) preshave, shaving cream and aftershave. It really makes weekend mornings special!

Got me thinking, do any of you have a special weekend ritual?

2. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I don't know that I do anything 'special' per se, but during the week I normally shave in the evening after the gym so weekends are the only days I shave in the mornings.

On Saturday mornings I generally get up, meditate for an hour, go to the gym for about an hour, come home and shower, and give myself a nice long shave. I take my time, try new things out if I have them, and just take my time and enjoy it.

On Sunday mornings if I don't have plans I'll generally sleep in, get up, make some espresso, eventually take a long shower and another long, luxurious shave.

3. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

When I first started using a straight razor (which has a fairly steep learning curve), I shaved mainly with a double-edged razor during the work week and only use the straights on my days off (usually Mondays & Tuesdays). In that way, I could shave unhurriedly and take all the necessary time to hone my skills.
    Now I'm pretty much an SR shaver 7 days a week….

4. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

I work 4-10s Mon to thurs I use a single blade. Fri, sat, sun I use the second blade of The week. I also swap out soap and AS

5. Jostalli

Jostalli Well-Known Member

I still take Saturday's off. Although, I have to admit that since I have started using a DE I often contemplate doing a Saturday shave.

6. dscaver

dscaver Well-Known Member

I use Lilac Vegetal on Saturday morning, but only on Saturday.

Dave

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

M-F I use DEs.
    Saturdays I use a str8.
    Sundays I use an SE.

8. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

Sunday's I use a Personna 74* blade. I only have 10 of these blades and want to stretch them out as long as possible. If I can get 20 shaves per blade, which from what I have read is possible, I should be able to stretch those 10 blades out to over 3 years...hopefully I can aquire more at a reasonable cost (hard to do) in the next 3 years

9. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

Rituals? I don't have any rituals.

My soap rotation consists of 5 soaps with one random soap thrown in after I get through the five. The order within the rotation does not change.
    My blade rotation consists of 6 brands of blades, the order of which does not change.

But, these aren't rituals, these are merely unbreakable habits. :)

Douglas Carey likes this.
  10. ARGH

ARGH Well-Known Member

I pick a soap and a brush for the week. I change straights daily.
    For the weekend I use up samples of soaps and creams I have wanted to try and in addition on Sunday's I usually use a safety razor. Blades and razors rotate and some Sunday's I revert back to another straight but usually DE. Then after shaving and showering I usually hone or work on project razors until the kids get up which always seems too early.

11. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Sunday is my Martin de Candre Fougère day. :bath:

ObiDon and ARGH like this.
  12. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Weekend rituals?

Uh....coffee shops.

Mr. Shaverman and ARGH like this.
  13. Daytonkb

Daytonkb Well-Known Member

Well i usually only shave 2 to 3 times a week. But on Sundays ive came into a new ritual, i am generally at the girlfriends on the weekends. So i take the pleasure of using her nice hot water heater i fixed to have a nice shower and shave haha! I usually just pack a random soap or cream to use while i am there. She enjoys giving me insight on the smells of the soaps or creams.

14. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

*Fixed that for ya'.

Darkbulb likes this.
  15. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

Sunday morning is my full blown luxury shower & shave with my Vulfix silvertip, TOBS lavender, rose or avocado and a new blade before church. This is a 30-45 minute ordeal that my family affords me! LOL