The only time I've heard "YMMV" in person

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by GeneralKinetics, Feb 19, 2015.

1. GeneralKinetics

GeneralKinetics Well-Known Member

So, the first day of my capstone senior BUS 491 class...my professor was talking about something and then said Your Mileage May Vary, and I almost died of happiness and excitement. I've never heard anyone else say that phrase in person before that moment.

2. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

That is cool! I last heard the phrase used verbally a long time ago. It used to be common, and it was very often used when stating car mileage in TV commercials twenty (or more?) years ago.

A couple of years ago, during an all-hands company site meeting, one of the VPs at work made a passing reference to traditional wetshaving as an example of marketplace growth. It was surprising to hear, and served to show just how rapidly wetshaving has grown over the past decade.

BigMark and GDCarrington like this.
  3. GeneralKinetics

That's even cooler. My guy just randomly said it in class. I don't think he's a traditional wetshaver, he keeps a trimmed beard. But, ya never know.

GDCarrington likes this.
  4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Yeah, I worked with a machinist years ago who shaved his pits. I never heard of a man doing that before. So, ya never know.

GDCarrington likes this.
  5. GeneralKinetics

I've been shaving my pits recently. I made the switch to natural deodorant and have been doing this armpit detox recipe by Wellness Mama, and it works better if my armpits are shaved. Literally takes a minute with a DE.

6. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I will have to take a pass on doing that.

RaZorBurn123 likes this.
  7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I trim my pit hairs to about 1/2 inch.
    zinteresting.jpg

8. GeneralKinetics

Well....Traditional supermarket deodorants that have Aluminum compounds in them use that to seal your pores to stop you from naturally sweating. Your body gets used to it, so when you use a natural enzyme deodorant, your armpits get red and irritated. To "detox" your body, you use that recipe from Wellness Mama. First time I'm going to try it is tomorrow. I've been stupid and have been using the highest percentage antiperspirant I could get for years, because I thought the higher percentage of the aluminum stuff, the better. So, when I use my new natural deodorant, my armpits get consistently red. If I don't put on deodorant for a day, then the redness goes away. It's totally the deodorant. So, I think it's like apple cider vinegar mixed with bentonite clay or something.

Radiotube likes this.
  9. Radiotube

Radiotube RADInOverdrive

That's the very reason (the aluminum compounds) why I switched to Speik deo. I find deodorant works better with shaved pits. I use a waterproof electric shaver for that and save the DE razor for my face only. Unfortunately, I have decades of aluminum compound exposure from Mitchum already and it makes me wonder if some of my memory problems are due to aluminum exposure.

GDCarrington likes this.
  10. GeneralKinetics

Probably. I used to use Degree(18.2%), then Mitchum(19%), then Arm and Hammer with Baking Soda(20%). Any one of my razors can take off a huge MiddleEastern armpit bush in seconds. Literally seconds. I use my DE everywhere I shave on my body ;). Hahaha.

11. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

I remember those commercials.

12. YourGunShowTickets

YourGunShowTickets Well-Known Member

I read the first post and feel old. Then I read the rest of the posts and feel as if I live on a different planet.

trey06dmd, mikewood and idvsego like this.
  13. Hersh

Hersh Well-Known Member

Ive shaved my wifes pits:innocent

14. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

I've been having some on/off itchy redness after I ditched alum-based deos. I now use baking soda/coconut oil with great success.

Can you give more info on that redness? Will it go away on it's own or does one have to detox?

15. mikewood

mikewood Well-Known Member

I thought this was a thread about odd phrases you don't hear anymore and not male armpit shaving. The thread went horribly wrong!

LOL. "Yo-low"

16. GeneralKinetics

http://wellnessmama.com/25432/detox-your-armpits/

17. GeneralKinetics

Same here, many a time. Used to shave her legs before I taught her how to DE them herself.

18. GeneralKinetics

Seriously, man.

19. 45auto

45auto Well-Known Member

You and me both dude...ymmv