The Give / The Receive - Year 2015

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by GDCarrington, Jan 19, 2015.

1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you @wristwatchb for the MR GLO preshave soap.

2. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

I received a very nice sampling of blades and I passed along some Proraso white preshave cream, a nearly full bottle of Pinaud Clubman Vanilla and a small sample of Pinaud Clubman Musk.

3. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Spud, PanChango, Slow Joe and 5 others like this.
  4. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

A huge thanks to @clint64 for sending me some Kai blades and a tin of Stirling "Sharp Dressed Man" shave soap. I haven't used either of these products before, and I am looking forward to it! I think the Kai blades will be especially helpful in my Artist Club razor.

Thanks Clint! :happy088:

GDCarrington and clint64 like this.
  5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I was the fifth winner (first place loser) of A GrabBox 4 the ChatterBox (GB4CB) give away. The box went to the first place winner, and he could choose stuff from it and then send it on to the next winner who would choose stuff from it and so on until it reached me.

Here is what I got. Pretty cool for a loser/winner.
    grabbox2.jpg

6. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

7. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Passed along a bottle of Pinaud Clubman to my good buddy who has recently started wet shaving. He hadn't heard of the "Nod"

On a side note; I have received a freebie of some sort with every purchase I've made from fellow wet shavers.

Slow Joe, GDCarrington and clint64 like this.
  8. GSlim66

GSlim66 Well-Known Member

I gave my best friend that was moving with his wife and kids out of state a nice starter kit. It consisted of a parker tto, 50 assorted blades, a nice badger brush, and RR classic and a few other soaps. Unfortunately I talked to him and six months later he still hasn't used it. Oh well it's the thought that counts. It was a nice setup though.

Slow Joe, GDCarrington and clint64 like this.
  9. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I put stuff I didn't want in a box and let four other people pay postage to ship it around the country :D

10. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

clint64 likes this.
  11. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

GDCarrington and clint64 like this.
  12. Ceferguson

Ceferguson Well-Known Member

image.jpg I recieved a PIF fatip razor from gorgo2 I put this handle on the razor head.

Slow Joe, Darkbulb and GDCarrington like this.
  13. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Oh, well then that is a different box altogether! :D

14. GSlim66

I'm new to this so let me ask. Did the guy who sent it out ever respond regarding the fact the box vanished? I didn't see any further posts from him anywhere on the forum. Just curious.

Darkbulb likes this.
  15. Daytonkb

Daytonkb Well-Known Member

Just recently provided a co worker that was interested in wetshaving, with a ball end Gillette, Sample blades, a VDH brush, some VDH soap, alum and A partly used tube of C.O. Bigelo. Hes in love haha! Mission accomplished!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  16. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I gave a friend a Gillette Slim, H3, for the price of a cup of coffee as he wanted to try out wetshaving.
    The next day he told me he had already misplaced it and couldn't find it.
    With friends like that....... :)

GDCarrington and Slow Joe like this.
  17. GSlim66

I gave a buddy a sweet setup with what was my favorite razor. Parker TTO, about 50 blades, nice brush, some RR soap and most importantly a styptic pencil. Unfortunately to this day he still hasn't touched it. Crap. I knew I should have put in disposables.

Daytonkb and GDCarrington like this.
  18. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

I know that he has responded today.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  19. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I gave a puck of my Lavender-mint soap to my archery coach.

clint64 and GDCarrington like this.
  20. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Excellent! After using the soap he will be minty fresh!