Semogue brushes

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by jimmy Mac, Feb 18, 2015.

1. SDK

SDK it's his fault

That sure is purty!

Looks like a smaller loft than the 1305, which is something I want to try in a boar...

2. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_WP_20150226_008 1.jpg
    Here's a comparison between the 1305 & the 1438

SDK likes this.
  3. SDK

SDK it's his fault

I think I ma ordering one of these today!

The 1305 is a great all purpose brush, but the 1438 looks ideal for face lathering.

Thanks for the pic. It has decided me!

Spyder likes this.
  4. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Just remember if you don't like it; it's your fault (not mine):taunt002:

Looks like the price just jumped. I picked mine up @ Amazon for $13.30....what a steal. Price is now $15.69:angry019:

5. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

I have the 1438, great brush! However, I warn everyone not to soak the painted Semogue handles because the paint will crack. Ruined a beautiful 1305 that way. Waiting for a Cherry handle SOC to arrive this week from Portugal. Can't go wrong with a Semogue!

Spyder likes this.
  6. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Great reminder. I put hot water into a small bowl and soak the bristles only.

7. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

It's weird with the painted Semogue brushes, it's called wet-shaving but keep the painted handle dry? What the??? They're still great brushes.................

Spyder likes this.
  8. jimmy Mac

jimmy Mac Well-Known Member

My SOC 2 band came in on saturday.
    Cleaned and conditioned all night. Rinsed the night lather off in the morning and then could not wait any longer....went to lathering and a shave.
    Nice brush, mega lather, could have lasted for at least 5 passes.... no need. Dried and bloomed, cannot wait till 5:00 a.m. to testit some more.

Spyder and Douglas Carey like this.
  9. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

The 730hd silvertip is a great brush.