Best canned shaving gel?

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by venom0706, May 24, 2014.

1. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Many times in the past, especially if I forgot to bring a cream or a regular shaving soap I lathered up with Dove and it worked well.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  2. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

I found the Nivea Sensitive foam to be quite enjoyable, it's among the quality of Proraso and Barbasol cans IMO, but is at least cheaper than the Proraso foam prices we pay here in Canada.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  3. Tattoobob

Tattoobob Well-Known Member

Edge, really work it in your hands real good before using it

PatrickA51 likes this.
  4. Leo K.

Leo K. Well-Known Member

I love the Gillette ProGlide Clear Shaving Gel, as well as Gillette ProGlide Sensitive Gels. I NEVER get burn or irritation with these fine products. Aces!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

PatrickA51 likes this.
  5. Neolithium

Neolithium I am Canadian, eh

If you like the Gel check out RazoRock Shave Lube, I find it better in both price and performance. Especially the real scents!

PatrickA51 likes this.
  6. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I more than likely would grow my beard back!

BigT likes this.
  7. It's not so much a gel but if you must venture away from the brush and cream give Cremo a try...I've had great results with it both with using a brush and without. Very pleasant scent as well.

8. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

I like the Edge gel with alo when I use my Fusion. Do you remember what canned cream that had a coil at the top that you would run hot water over. The foam would come out nice and warm.

9. J_Man

J_Man right on the Mass border

I will also nominate the Cremo as I use it when traveling. For something extremely slick try Neutrogena sensitive shave cream, it's like coating your skin with a layer of Teflon, but has absolutely no cushion to it and is probably best suited for use with carts.

10. Clinique Aloe Shave Gel and L'Occitane Cade Gel. Both expensive but worth it in my book.

11. Omaney

Omaney Well-Known Member

Cremo...hands down. That's what I used before making the switch to wet shaving. IMO its the best stuff out there and you can even get it at Walmart now. One tube will last a long time if one follows the simple instructions on the back of the tube.

12. LaSalle82

LaSalle82 Well-Known Member

Nivea Sensitive Shave Gel is excellent!

13. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

the one in someone else's shopping cart.

HolyRollah and SDK like this.
  14. FanofAceVentura

FanofAceVentura Well-Known Member

Gillette fusion proglide is awsome edge is a second

15. Jostalli

Jostalli Well-Known Member

Back when I first started shaving it was Barbasol - then there was the long electric dark period. Before making the jump to using a DE I was using Edge. - As far as can goo I felt it did a decent job.

PatrickA51 likes this.
  16. PatrickA51

PatrickA51 Well-Known Member

I think I used what ever was cheapest when I first started shaving. I think I did use Barbasol Shaving Cream or Palmolive Shaving Cream. what ever I could get from my Dad. I do like Edge it does give a very smooth shave. I prefer Stirling Shaving Soaps.

Jostalli likes this.
  17. Jostalli

Jostalli Well-Known Member

Stirling is on my soon to buy list

18. Radiotube

Radiotube RADInOverdrive

I used to use Barbasol before going to shaving soaps and brushes. I always had an issue with it though after half the can was gone. It seemed like it made really stiff and bountiful lather the first half of the can but couldn't make lather that would hold up very well (seemed too wet) on the last half of the can. Maybe I wasn't shaking it enough. I complained to the company once and they sent me a coupon for another can, but no explanation. I thought that was a lame way of handling my "issue".

19. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

I always enjoy Aveeno shaving gels. There is a regular and one for sensitive skin. Both are easy to apply, hydrate well, non-irritating. Some say they are a bit pricey, but a can seems to last forever.

20. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    When I used to shave with a Mach 3 I would lather my Edge gel with a Barbasol badger brush.

PatrickA51 likes this.