Personna cartridge users

Discussion in 'Cartridge Razors' started by IAmTheJody, Dec 13, 2010.

1. IAmTheJody

IAmTheJody Gillette-i Master Staff Member

If you aren't aware, the official online Personna store is at https://personna.alice.com/products and everything ships free.

Before I started wet shaving, I used the Personna Matrix3 three-blade cartridge razor. To me, it was by far superior to Gillette's same offering known as the Mach3. Eventually Wal-Mart stopped carrying the Matrix3 in the "cartridge refill" option and replaced it with a disposable Matrix3 option, in a small bag with 10 disposable three-blade razors. I bit and bought and found this disposable option wasn't nearly as good as the cartridge option. In my search for a better replacement of my beloved Personna Matrix3, since I couldn't get the cartridges anymore, I wandered into wet shaving and have been here ever since.

However, I still needed a cartridge option for shaving certain areas that I soon found out I wouldn't dare put a double-edge blade to (a mole on my neck for instance that does not appreciate having the top sliced off by a DE blade). Then I found this new official Personna online store. There they were... 4 Matrix3 cartridges for $4.49, shipped free. Needless to say, I was excited.. over a cartridge! ha!

A long story just to tell you about a web site, I know... but there it is. If you're looking for cheap cartridges that are very good shavers, it's a great option. They have the Atra, Sensor and Mach5 type cartridges too. And yes, they also have DE blades. 10-blade dispenser for $1.99, shipped free. I don't know how long it'll last since Energizer/Schick/Wilkinson-Sword now owns Personna but it's there for the taking.

2. Here in Italy there are those razors ... I would like to try someone who knows' one day ...

3. jonmich

jonmich Member

4. subvet

subvet Well-Known Member

I think West Coast Shaving is less expensive than razorsdirect.com.

5. jonmich

jonmich Member

Cannot find matrix3 carts on West Coast Shaving

6. deaficianado

deaficianado New Member

I haven't tried the matrix 3 razors but I am an avid user of the magnum 3 and magnum 5 razors. IMO these are the best value/quality razors for the money. It's a shame that personna discontinued these razors.

7. jonmich

jonmich Member

It appears Razors Direct are still selling Magnum 3 & 5 handles and Magnum 5 carts.
    http://www.razorsdirect.com/magnum.html