Stirling Bath soap as shampoo bar? Possible?

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by GeneralKinetics, Jan 26, 2015.

1. GeneralKinetics

GeneralKinetics Well-Known Member

Hey, just wondering if anyone uses the Stirling bath soaps to wash their hair? My girlfriend and I are trying to go pretty natural and have started shopping around for shampoo bars. I have really thick hair and she has really fine hair.

Just a curious post. Not trying to stir up anything.

2. Chuck F

Chuck F Cheesy! Big Curd style

Yeah, I've been doing that for... probably almost a year? Works just fine for me as long as I follow it with conditioner.

3. HammeredThor

HammeredThor Active Member

What conditioner are you using?

4. Bristle Me

Bristle Me Insufficient

There are a few regular bath soaps that you could probably use for your hair
    and do just fine with, as long as you don't over-do it. What I mean is that bath
    soaps in general are going to be more aggressive about bonding with natural oil
    in your hair and removing it when you rinse. That oil is what makes your hair
    soft to the touch, flexible, and "manageable".

So if you lather repeatedly, or you build a lather and work it in for a relatively long period
    of time, you are going to be stripping tons of natural oil from your hair, and you probably
    will not care for the result.

I don't believe there would be any harm in trying a Stirling bath soap to wash your hair,
    but I would lather and rinse very well, and as Chuck cautions, I'd follow up with a good
    conditioner.

Tdmsu likes this.
  5. Chuck F

Chuck F Cheesy! Big Curd style

This is what I've been using lately, works really well and I picked it up on sake at Target. I also put some on my face at the same time I'm putting it in my hair if I'm going to be shaving after the shower. First ingredient is raw shea butter.

DEfettish likes this.
  6. Zakary74

Zakary74 New Member

I always try natural hair shampoo, and first time I tried dermmatch in my thin hairs. It should apply with care and I really got so natural look after applying that.

7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire