SoS: March 23, 2015 - March 29, 2015

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by crackstar, Mar 22, 2015.

1. grump

grump Well-Known Member

Really like the looks of that brush!

2. figment714

figment714 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    SOTD - Saturday, March 28, 2015

Shower
    Prep: Citrus & Cedar PSO
    Brush: Whipped Dog Synth
    Soap: WSP Rustic Barbershop
    Razor: Merkur 38C
    Blade: Personna Lab Blue (4)
    Aftershave: Iced Aqua Velva Ice Blue

Hodge, dscaver, 782sirbrian and 24 others like this.
  3. sir_mike

sir_mike Well-Known Member

SOTD 3-28-15

Razor: ATT M2 w/Bamboo handle
    Blade: Voskhod (4 and last)
    Soap: Marke Golddack's Classic (1st time using)
    Bowl: My 99 cent special - used to presoak brush and lather puck.
    Brush: VDH Boar

Preshave was just face wash with warm water and post shave was rinse with warm water then some cold water splashes and pat dry!

Shave was very good (I would say DFS) No nicks or irritation. Not sure if it was the ATT M2 plate or the Voskhod blade. I think it is the plate but can't rule out the Voskhod either. It allowed me to use some pressure in the rough areas that need extra passes/touch up without giving me cuts or irritation so I am very happy with that!

This is the first time I trying this soap and not quite sure about the scent strength or what scent is smells like but it lather real easy and gave a real good slick, protective lather. Initially when I smelled the puck, I thought it was going to be too strong but it does calm down over time. I am no expert for sure but it seemed to work just fine for me! I would use it again!

Regarding the Voskhod. This is my 4th shave with it and it didnt fell dull but duller to where I felt like it wasnt cutting good but I also did notice a real faint tug once in awhile so it is done! I will try a different Russion sample tomorrow!

I have qute a few choices of blades and soaps so I will continue to sample then to get them tried and rated to whether they stay or not!

Please feel free to leave comments on any items used as I enjoy reading them to see what others say about the gear I am using/trying out!

Thx.

SOTD_032815.jpg

Last edited: Mar 28, 2015
  4. ObiDon

ObiDon member in questionable standing

Perfect! Just what I was thinking!:eatdrink013::happy069:

Bama Samurai, crackstar and Llyr like this.
  5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    sod150329.JPG
    Sunday's

ZCOLDWATER1.jpg

Dove Men Face Wash
    Kiss My Face Cool Mint moisture shave
    Frank Shaving Finest Badger
    GEM G-bar
    Treet Super SE
    CWR, Asma Alum Block
    Thayers Lemon WH
    Pinaud Clubman

This is the last week of my GEM/ER SE Razor Month, and it's time for the GEM G-bar.

The Van Der Hagen Deluxe Shaving Soap face-lathered well with my Frank Shaving Finest Badger Badger Brush. Two passes with my GEM G-bar SE razor and a Treet Super SE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse, alum block, and a final cold water rinse, I finished off with Thayers Lemon WH and then Pinaud Clubman after shave. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
  6. trey06dmd

trey06dmd Arko eater

Saturday's Shave

[​IMG]

Prep: Hot shower w/ Grandpa's Pine Tar
    Music: Mississippi Delta Blues mix
    Lather: Arko
    Brush: Omega 13522
    Razor: '46-'50 Gillette Heavy Gold Tech
    Blade: Personna Lab blue?
    Scent: Tommy Bahama Very Cool

Excellent late 3 pass shave today in preparation for a 12 hour overnight shift. Grabbed this blade out of the pass around box, in a baggy labeled Personna Lab Blue. Blue wrapper that said Personna Super on it. 3 passes later and I'm almost BBS with zero irritation! Ran out of Witch Hazel yesterday but didn't really need it today anyway. I think I might need to get ahold of more of these blades.

7. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Ive read cinnamon can be trouble for some. Too bad I really liked the scent.

Llyr, Bama Samurai, crackstar and 2 others like this.
  8. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Thanks. My photobucket app does all the hard work.

9. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

It is. Yes! Cinnamon Girl is the smelling soap I have. Fills the house with goodness :)

10. dbersh

dbersh Well-Known Member

28 Mar 2015
    Soap - MdC Scented
    Brush - WD Silvertip 24/50
    Razor - Rockwell 6S (#5)
    Blade - Ladas (2)
    AS - Gillette Cool Wave

Late post, was out early this AM, road trip for daughters taekwondo state championship competition, brought home the gold in her belt and age division and is now qualified for Nationals (major road trip to Austin TX in July)!
    As for the shave excellent. MdC scented super performance and I really like the scent, was worried but compared to fougere (which I also like a lot), pretty mild
    28 Mar.jpg

11. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

What else is new? Thanks, buddy! ;)

12. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Ok, for my Sunday shave I'll be using:

Neutrogena Men Facial Wash :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Large Horsehair Barbershop
    Super Speed/Sharp day 7
    Stirling Glacial Lemon Chill SS :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Gold Bond Moisturizer :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Stirling Glacial Wintergreen WH :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :love055: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily: :Animatedfrozensmily:
    Bien-etre Cologne (hey, it has a nice bay rum scent!)

Well, I finally chose my set-up for tomorrow morning and it's going to be a frigid one. The Neutrogena face wash has no shortage of menthol and I enjoy its scent. The Glacial Lemon Chill has so much bone-chilling coldness in it with awesome lather and wonderful skincare. I swear, I can't wait to see the new versions of these Glacial soaps come back on to the market because I heard that they're going to be the best ever. My Gold Bond has proven itself so many times to be a great face-freezer, and the Glacial Wintergreen witch hazel can almost make you see your breath when you slap it on - that's how cold it is. This Bien-etre cologne smells something like DR Harris Bay Rum. I really like the scent. ;) :D

13. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

March 29 Plans

Stirling Sheep bath/face soap
    Merkur 37C slant bar razor
    Feather blade (day 2)
    Kent BK8 silvertip badger brush
    MdC scented shaving soap
    Two passes
    Alum, Thayer's Lavender witch hazel, unrefined shea butter, & Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

Have a blessed Sunday!

SOTD_032915.jpg

figment714, ram57, dscaver and 26 others like this.
  14. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Thanks! Its one of my favorites. The handle is absolutely stunning, the pictures really don't do it justice. My first finest knot which I really like.

15. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Mr. Freeze...

photo.jpg

ram57, dscaver, crackstar and 5 others like this.
  16. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Welcome to TSD-SOTD! ...some of us do 30 day challenges all the time...come check it out, we do a thread each month, new one for April will be open soon!

March 30 Day Rule/Focus Pic-Discussion Thread

crackstar, grump, Llyr and 3 others like this.
  17. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

SOTD 28 March 2015

March Injector Focus

image.jpg

Automatic 2 pass smoothness!

Have a Great Weekend!
    :)

figment714, ram57, dscaver and 23 others like this.
  18. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

March Focus - Vintage and Carbon - COMPLETE
    March 28, 2015 - Week 4 Day 7
    Prep - Hot shower and towel
    Brush - Omega Pro 48
    Soap - Arko
    Razor - Edwin Jagger 89l
    Blade - [​IMG](2)
    Post - Alum & The Veg

Great shave this morning with the Sharp Star. Still haven't found out anything about them, nor have I found a seller outside of tryablade.com. Frustrating because I'd add some of these to my rotation. Great Russian blade. Two pass DFS with very little if any irritation. Great way to start an early Saturday before heading out to solve the world's problems by selling cars.

Now, on to tomorrow. I had planned to wait until Tuesday to start my April with the CJB Shavette. Well, that is the last day of the month so no day off. Because I want to start when I have plenty of time I am abandoning March and starting April tomorrow! It's Arko April with the CJB! I'll post specifics tomorrow but for now here's a picture of my plan. Oh, it also includes my usual Sunday head shave, but with the Bald Guyz Clear Shave Gel to graciously PIF'd by @Sara-s ! It arrived just in time today to get a tryout tomorrow. Thanks again for the great PIF!!
    IMG_20150328_212851.jpeg

figment714, ram57, dscaver and 22 others like this.
  19. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Voskhods are definitely a 4 or 5 shave blade. I'd say you are getting the right mileage out of them! Great job.

ram57, crackstar, Llyr and 2 others like this.
  20. sir_mike

sir_mike Well-Known Member

That's good to know! Thanks I appreciate your comment as I didnt know what to expect, life wise but figured on 4 and out. They seem like a decent blade and I got four very good shaves even when using some pressure to hit the trouble spots without any nicks or irritation so I was impressed. I am trying to compare them to my goto blade, the Astra SP's and of coarse every other blade I have like Plat Lux, Ladas and 7 o'clock blacks! :)

ram57, crackstar, Llyr and 2 others like this.