Success,well almost

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by billdog2, Mar 29, 2015.

1. billdog2

billdog2 Well-Known Member

Hi all, good news of a sort. Saw my first great granddaughter yesterday, that doggone God of ours is always creating Angels.
    Received my new parker cart handle, kinda surprised me because it doesn`t pivot like my atra. but I think it might be a blessing in disguise, got one that pivots and one that doesn`t(neat). Shaved with them this morning. It was a pleasant surprise, not great but I got everything smooth, isn`t that the object? Still like my tungsten
    blade the best.

Best wishes and God Bless.... billdog2

P.S. How do I put my picture up in the little square with the circle and arrow in it? Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
    GDCarrington and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  2. subvet

subvet Well-Known Member

Did you have any trouble flushing the soap and whiskers through the cart on that parker? I'm looking to get a thicker handle but I've been leery of the solid bar blocking the rinse path of the cart.

3. billdog2

Hi subvet, now that you mention it, I did, but I thought it might just be thick lather. I will watch closer next time and let you know. All in all, it was a pretty decent first pass, used the atra next agt then cleaned up with the tungsten, about 10-15 seconds, with lather from a bar of dial soap!
    Oh, by the way I was using the personna carts in both razors instead of the Western Family. Big difference.

Regard to you and yours, God Bess
    billdog2

4. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

well congratz

5. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Take your cursor arrow and hover over your name in the upper right part of any screen here. It should drop down a menu about you and look for "Avatar" on the left side of that menu. Click it and it will open a place for you put a picture.

6. billdog2

Hi IDuck, this has to be the nicest blog anywhere. I haven`t met so many Christian brothers in any setting that I can think of... John 3:16 ... MY ROCK !
    Gillette slim adjustable, Gillette ss , Personna injector with pivot head and tungsten blade, two trac II`s, one pivot the other is a Parker standard handle.
    I rotate pretty regularly so as to find the right combo to meet my needs, namely, essential tremors and I`m getting closer with each shave and each piece of advice garnered from The Shave Den people. I am not new to wet shaving, just been gone for awhile.

Nice meeting you... may the wind be at your back and God in your heart.
    billdog2

7. billdog2

Thank you Troy, I`ll try that.

8. billdog2

Hey Troy, your a genius ..... thank you so much. That my friends is my first great granddaughter
    and i could not be any prouder, thanks again Troy

GDCarrington likes this.