Where to buy knot

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Joelio, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

That makes how many brushes Patrick? Let me see I have five Silvertip Badger, one High Mountain Badger, one Black Badger, one Finest Badger, two Best Badger, one 1305 Boar, two Black Badger knots, one Silvertip Badger knot, and one Boar knot. I forgot what I was going to say. :happy102:

Knots are all from WD.

clint64 likes this.
  2. Joelio

Joelio Well-Known Member

I think I'll go for a HMW from Larry. $25 for a 22mm isn't bad at all! And if the 2 other brushes I have from him (30mm black badger and a 24mm synth) are any indication, shipping is super fast a his customer service is impeccable. Thanks for all the help!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
    Douglas Carey and clint64 like this.
  3. Joelio

Joelio Well-Known Member

Holy customer service batman! I placed the order at 8ish last night, Larry emailed me this morning with payment info and making sure I wanted just a knot and not a full brush (which is what I've ordered in the past). I payed and 10 mins later got a personal receipt saying it would ship in 2-4 days.

10 minutes later, I got a notification that Larry sent me a package.

As always, a huge pleasure to do business with Larry!!

clint64 and Douglas Carey like this.
  4. Doryferon

Doryferon Well-Known Member

What kind? Pure-finest-best?
    I am "stand by" for your impressions.

;)

Douglas Carey likes this.
  5. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Black Badger.

6. Doryferon

Oh,then the results are guaranteed,FS Black badgers are excellent
    Scratchy but i love them because they doing the massage that my skin wants
    For sure you are going to love them.

7. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Same thing happened to me a few days ago. Ordered handles, made payment, he told me they would be shipped in 1 to 4 days. Half an hour later got a message saying the handles had been shipped. Larry is an outstanding person to deal with period.

Doryferon likes this.
  8. Doryferon

Larry's shipping prices for Greece are outstanding !
    Excellent communication,a very nice guy to deal with.

Joelio and Douglas Carey like this.
  9. Joelio

Joelio Well-Known Member

How would you compare the Finest to the Super Badger or the WD High mountain? I've got a vintage handle coming that I plan to put a knot in, but Larry doesn't have any silvertips or HMW in 26mm...

10. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

I have a WD Finest Badger that I like very much.

11. Joelio

Joelio Well-Known Member

looks like I'll end up getting a 26mm Finest from TGN to go in this handle:
    image.jpg image.jpg

clint64 and Douglas Carey like this.
  12. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Sorry I missed this. The TGN compared to the WD High Mountain. The WD High Mountain is a very nice knot but I find the TGN Finest has more backbone, is softer and has less scritch to me. They are very comparable and the difference only really comes to the front when you use them back to back. Hope that helps.

13. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Joelio likes this.
  14. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

so i should have a new thread up this weekend as i finish my brush...but just a FYI thing, if anyone has a woodcraft store by them, they sell knots (or a knot i should say)....I have a 20mm pure black badger knot that was $10...just something to check (i was very happy to find that there was a place that i could go into and buy a knot that was by me), but it is only one knot so kind of limited....we will see how mine turns out and if it is ok im going to PIF one.

15. Joelio

Joelio Well-Known Member

Thanks, I saw someone selling it on a Facebook group and had to snatch it. I tend to like larger brushes and have found that the 26-28mm range is my favorite. This thing is 26mm, so I'm excited to have a larger vintage brush!

I just got a message from my original knot source and may be back in business for the horse knot (if it comes in 26). Since it's very similar in coloring to a boar knot, I think it'll look great!! If that doesn't pan out, I'll be going for the TGN Finest in 26mm.

16. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

I look forward to seeing the brush when you're done.