The Haul: May 2015

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I just picked up this Maggard Open Comb Head and Maggard MR1 Handle and a Through the Fire soap sample. The razor is for a PIF.

[​IMG]

Bristle Me, NCoxSTL, ObiDon and 10 others like this.
  2. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I originally bought and ordered a tortoise shelled Persol 3043 but what arrived was the black-framed ones.
    I contacted the seller and was given two options - either to return them for a full refund - or to keep them and have a 50% refund due to the mixup.
    I suddenly found black frames to be very visually appealing and opted to keep them ;)
    So, in the end, after two discounts I got these brand new, in-box with Persol case for $60. Not too bad.

[​IMG]

NCoxSTL, ObiDon, GDCarrington and 7 others like this.
  3. Cap7597

Cap7597 Well-Known Member

Got these in today from Connaught.
    PFTE- They just work.
    [​IMG]

Bristle Me, ObiDon, NewellVW and 14 others like this.
  4. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Ya, GEM PTFE are great blades.

Slow Joe likes this.
  5. Cap7597

Yes. Took your advice. I had initially got several different types from TryABlade.com. These worked the best. Good cutters. :)
    Thanks for the heads up on Connaught. You right!

6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

There's a first for everything! :)

7. Cap7597

Hahahaha

Darkbulb likes this.
  8. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Haha thats nice. did you buy a razor so you can pif it. It always amazes me how generous you guys are. :happy088: I should stop being surprised by it.

Dzia Dzia and Slow Joe like this.
  9. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

Another one off of my list
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

IDuck, Slow Joe, NewellVW and 15 others like this.
  10. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Picked up a few things at the local thrift store. A couple lather bowls and a toothbrush holder (i think) that i will use as a razor holder. Nice to walk out only spending $3.

11. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Two questions;
    a) Is that your razor no. 100, and
    b) Are you going to try and shave with it?

:)

Slow Joe and Cap7597 like this.
  12. mrchick

mrchick Odd, Terrible Avatar

It's a number three and the blade has wear. I will try it after I figure out how to modify a blade for it.

I'm over 100

13. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Druida Chubbic Aluminum Manchurian 28X50mm

IMG_1964.jpg :love029:

Hodge, clint64, NCoxSTL and 9 others like this.
  14. Chuck F

Chuck F Cheesy! Big Curd style

My SOC 2-band finally came in. Here it is along with a couple others brushes I picked up recently, and a tub of Seifenglatt Teak/Cade/Sandalwood:

[​IMG]

The middle brush is a Whipped Dog 24mm High Mountain badger, and the one on the right is an Omega Mixed Midget

The Mixed Midget is a bit more scritchy than I expected, but a fun little brush. The High Mountain was my first dealing with Larry, he is as great as everyone says. The knot, though... I guess I can see how he is able to sell them so cheap. It's soft and works well, but just not the level of fit and finish I'm used to in other brands. The knot's a little lopsided, a few stray hairs are longer than the rest of the knot, and boy was it dirty when I got it. Gave it three rounds of OxyClean followed by shampoo, lots of rinsing, then lathered it up with shave soap. When I squeezed the lather out, the stuff from the middle of the knot was still grey. But it's getting there. And I hear a lot of his High Mountain knots develop hooked tips (aka "gel tips") after several lathers, so I'm interested to see if that happens.

The SOC just came in yesterday, and it is just a great quality brush, soft tips, lots of backbone, beautiful handle. That said, I haven't actually used it yet. Probably will tonight.

The Seifenglatt I got on clearance, as they have changed their name to Soap Soft and are clearing out all the product with the old branding on it. The scent is fantastic and it lathers beautifully, but unfortunately something in it irritates my face. I know sandalwood often a culprit, but I use other sandalwood products with no problem. Who knows.

Edit: I said HMW (High Mountain White) but Larry actually calls the grade High Mountain, I was thinking of WSP. Updated accordingly.

Last edited: May 22, 2015
    Slow Joe, Hodge, NCoxSTL and 9 others like this.
  15. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Last edited: May 23, 2015
  16. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

Nice haul!

17. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

On my walk today I spotted a user grade New in a Black and Red box and a chrome blade box with nasty rusty used blades. The handle looks more Bostonian then Black and Red, still I hope it cleans up to be a decent shaver. The Blades went into the circular file, well wrapped and marked.

*Side Rant* I >>HATE<< when people leave bare used blades and sell them with the razor. Throw them away people, I don't need an accidental case of Tetanus because you are lazy.

B&R 2.jpg B&R 1.jpg

John Beeman, Hodge, NCoxSTL and 11 others like this.
  18. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

On your walk?!! Some neighborhood you walk in...with vintage razors lined up along the way?!!!
    :chores016::happy036:

ObiDon and GDCarrington like this.
  19. Misphit

Misphit Rest In Peace

It is a Farmers/Flea Market that runs Friday to Monday. Every Friday and Saturday I walk the stalls and see whats for sale as there are different vendors who setup on Friday compared to Saturday and Sunday.

But yes, 4 razors in four weekends....

ObiDon, GDCarrington and Rufus T. like this.
  20. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Nice haul! :happy088:

NCoxSTL likes this.