How's your day? May 2015

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by RaZorBurn123, Apr 30, 2015.

1. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

Just finished the next to last day of classes before finals. Now, can I keep them occupied for one more day?

NCoxSTL and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  2. txskimo

txskimo Well-Known Member

I think you should start to end the school year with a bang. What the consist of I'm not really sure but something off the wall for sure

Troy M likes this.
  3. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Tomorrow I'm interviewing a potential future boss for a bachelor thesis.

Shaved with MdC did my best posts have to reduce the risk of bumps.

Put on the shirt I wanted to wear tomorrow... I just gotta say this? There is nothing like realizing your to fat for your nice clothes

macaronus, txskimo and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  4. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Glad to hear everything is going great for you and your wife.

lradke likes this.
  5. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Oh dear about the shirt.
    Good luck interviewing the dude tomorrow.

Omelmad and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  6. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I'm sure we've all been there! Good luck with your interview.

Omelmad likes this.
  7. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

I did a 17.44 mile ride to break in the new bike today. Good times.

8. mhdagley

mhdagley Member

I'm jelous about the bike. I decided to break mine out, got new clipless pedals and shoes to really get back into things. First time out broke my elbow. Still mending from that the time off from work has been nice though.

Slow Joe and Mr. Shaverman like this.
  9. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

That sucks! I've never had a wreck like that so I count myself lucky. I tend not to mess with clips or shoes or anything like that so I can get off the bike as it's moving if I need to. And it's never made sense to buy special shoes for an activity where they never touch the ground ;)

bnccna2, txskimo and Omelmad like this.
  10. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Hahahaha

Mr. Shaverman likes this.
  11. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

My Dad could never understand why people would want to get their legs going 90 miles an hour just to give their butt a ride! :rofl:

12. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Best of luck!

13. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

Driving in Dallas yesterday got me to pondering.....I'd really like a button on the dash of the vehicle that you can press, and the brake lights come on. Might get some &$^#^$^ off your tail. I know that if I had any bumper stickers, some of those drivers would have scraped them off......uggh, I hate "driving" in Dallas. It's not really driving, it's "surviving".

In other news, took daughter to neurologist in Dallas yesterday, next step in loooong line of Dr visits trying to figure out why she's been getting dizzy and have ringing ears...apparently, all the normal diagnosis don't necessarily fit to just simply say "oh, it's vertigo" or "oh, it's tinnitus" or "oh, it's somesuperlongmedicaltermdescribingsomeconditionyouhavebutcantpronounce-itus".
    So, she has us trying a med, we'll see how that goes. And we survived traffic, barely. Okay, *I* survived, wife and daughter were fine, LOL.

In other, other news...tomorrow will be 17 years my wife has put up with me as a husband. Kudos to her, I may take her out to Taco Smell (after all, all these dang Dr bills now....) :D

What else - Middle school band spring concert was Tuesday, was great, my kids did awesome. High school concert tonight, and apparently my kids are in that one too, sooo....Guess I better get used to it, oldest will be in high school next year. Now I feel old.

14. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Congrats on 17!

Actually that button on the dash? I would like it to do three things all at once without taking your foot off the gas:
    Brake lights come on
    A smoke machine pours smoke out of the rear wheel wells
    A PA system blares out the sound of screeching brakes

:signs136:

burnout961 and macaronus like this.
  15. Troy M

Great happenings at our house today. My wife interviewed this morning for a teaching job for the next school year and the principal called her this afternoon and offered her the job! So we all went out and celebrated with ice cream!

Erik Redd, Sara-s, burnout961 and 5 others like this.
  16. macaronus

macaronus Sir Nice-a-Lot

Congratz on the 17 years! :wave:

As for your daughter: could it be Menière's disease? It's what my late Dad had. Dizzyness & ringing ears. Don't worry, the "late" doesn't have anything to do with Menière! Best wishes for her!

Congratz to the missus!

Troy M likes this.
  17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

What subject/grade level will she be teaching? BTW, I wish her success and happiness!

Troy M likes this.
  18. Troy M

She is a language arts teacher with an ESS endorsement. She's spent the last 2 years as an ESS para-professional but really wanted to get back into her own classroom. Her new school is a middle school.

macaronus and clint64 like this.
  19. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Good for her. There is a great need for what she does and middle school kids are challenging. Speaking from many years of experience as a high school teacher, I believe teaching can be described as "the toughest job you'll ever love". It's demanding, but when kids get it, that is just the best feeling.

macaronus likes this.
  20. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

Thanks!

They've 99% ruled out meniere's, but not totally. She's not exhibiting quite all the signs for it

macaronus likes this.