Cold shower challenge

Discussion in 'Skincare' started by Peter M, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Peter M

Peter M Member

I live in the northern Sweden and I'm in

2. SDK

SDK it's his fault

O
    Oooohh... Yes you do!

Omelmad likes this.
  3. Ceferguson

Ceferguson Well-Known Member

After my divorce I had to live in a trailer on the univ farm with the only shower being the one in the barn with no hot water after two years of cold and ice cold showers regardless of time of year I can tell you they are highly over rated and I do not look back at those years as the glory years. I thoroughly enjoy my hot shower now and hot towel to shave with.

GDCarrington likes this.
  4. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Holding out on us? Shaving with a hot towel? Do you find it mild, or does it lean to the agressive side?

:happy097::happy102:

PLANofMAN, wristwatchb and Omelmad like this.
  5. Ceferguson

Ceferguson Well-Known Member

It only cuts if I wrap it around my razor lol.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I used to do a cold water rinse, but no more. No thanks.

7. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Now the cold water rinse after the shave I do enjoy. We have city water here in Jersey and during the winter it is plenty cold right out of the tap. Come May it warms up so I rinse from the tap, then grab a half liter of water I keep in the fridge and splash that water over my face.

Omelmad likes this.
  8. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

When I was on vacation in Venezuela I had to shower with cold water. Sometimes the tank could get just under room temperature if no one was home and used the water inside the tank the whole day(which then didn't need to be refilled with cold water) and even then it wasn't for a long time haha.

The ONLY time I liked the cold water shower was when we was on an island and they had a shower outside for the guests of the hotel.. Cold water shower while the sun is shining on you and around 30degrees Celsius .. That's the only time it was comfortable.

That being said, I rinse sometimes with a little colder water when I feel I need a kick in the face to wake up like I feel I need today =P

9. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

10. Peter M

Peter M Member

I had my another cold shower today and it was really refreshing. I'm lucky that my shower doesn't get as freezing cold as my tap doe. My conclusion so far is that it is not as bad as one thinks.

11. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

All I can think of when I hear cold shower is "Like a frightened turtle."

12. TheFiveO

TheFiveO Well-Known Member

I am married so I am used to needing cold showers.!!! :happy068:

SHAVEWIZARD420 and GDCarrington like this.
  13. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Having taken a cold shower or two out of necessity :Animatedfrozensmily:, I think I'll also take a pass on this and stick to hot showers.. But hey thanks for asking. :)

14. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

this is something I have seen about the benefits of taking a cold shower. I have tried it and even in the summertime I don't like it. I tend to shower with the hottest water my shower will go without turning the hot water tank up.

txskimo likes this.
  15. txskimo

txskimo Well-Known Member

I think I've become accustomed to hot showers but every now and then I'll take a cold shower. It's not as relaxing but I do find myself a bit more rejuvenated.....maybe a good June focus!

16. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

Considering we live with cold weather 8 months of the year...the idea of a cold shower in the morning is too painful. I'll pass as well.

17. Omelmad

Omelmad My printer email address is..........

Do you live in Sweden too? HA!

18. barbersurgeon

barbersurgeon Well-Known Member

If I remember right, someone asked Dick Clark how he always seemed to look the same after so many years. He claimed it was because he always showered with cold water. Maybe that's an urban legend. Don't know really.

I'll have a cool shower sometimes. Esp if it's near bed time and I need to cool off. Not really cold, but between cold and warm...

19. Fred Hill

Fred Hill Well-Known Member

20. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

I still just come up with: