Used blade disposal

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Desi, Feb 10, 2015.

1. DEfettish

DEfettish Well-Known Member

I just ordered a feather razor blade bank off of amazon. I think I paid a couple of bucks. I have had it since Sept. and it isn't even close to being full.

2. Moses Brown

Moses Brown Active Member

[That's ="HolyRollah, post: 788081, member: 9778"]Thanks for clarifying this—just in case someone wished to give their old blades a refreshing milk bath. ;)[/quote]
    Thats the ticket

markjnewcomb likes this.
  3. Phaedris

Phaedris Member

Many blades come in small packs of 10 blades, some in cardboard and some are plastic. I just reuse the plastic ones by sliding used blades in them. I never counted how many fit, but after removing the paper wrappers they hold a lot more than the 10 blades that come in them. When a couple get full, tape them up and toss them out.

4. markjnewcomb

markjnewcomb Well-Known Member

37 was all I could ever fit into a plastic blade pack.

5. SmurfK

SmurfK Member

I personally use a gum can, like this one:

[​IMG]

Just open the top cover and drop the blade in. If i wanna go more "safe", i can cut a hole in the top and drop the blades in without having to open it. When it will be full (i predict it holds about 100 blades), i seal the top with some duck tape, just to be sure.

178-bplatoon likes this.
  6. Virodoc

Virodoc New Member

I use the used blade holder on the back of the blade dispenser that they come in.

7. Albert Hui

Albert Hui Active Member

I repurposed an Almond Roca candy tin. Taped down the lid and cut a slot on top with my knife. I just wrote DANGER! USED RAZOR BLADES INSIDE with a sharpie. It sits in the drawer where I keep my shaving soaps and extra blades.

Sara-s and 178-bplatoon like this.
  8. spacehobo

spacehobo Well-Known Member

Salsa jar. I used a slotted screwdriver and a hammer to make an opening for the blades on the lid. Pretty happy with the result.

[​IMG]

Albert Hui and 178-bplatoon like this.
  9. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

Found a Nash mustard jar. The lid could be converted to accept coins. The glass has a Donald Duck face.
    [​IMG]

Albert Hui and 178-bplatoon like this.
  10. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I use a spent gum container pilfered off my secretaries desk:)
    WP_20150323_002.jpg

178-bplatoon likes this.
  11. psychobilly

psychobilly New Member

The wife made me used blade container from an old coffee can painted black with a piece of burlap wrapped around it and the logo "Blades" written on it. She cut a slot in the plastic lid for me to drop blades into and it's displayed on a shelf in the bathroom. I figure it will take me 10 years to fill it up......

178-bplatoon likes this.
  12. Brad58

Brad58 Member

In keeping with a shaving theme, I use an old Burma Shave jar. When full I will transfer to another can and take to my Doctor for proper disposal. These jars can be found on Ebay or antique malls:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

178-bplatoon likes this.
  13. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

I use an old matchbox. When it gets full I will tape it up and put it in the trash.

178-bplatoon likes this.
  14. radmit

radmit Well-Known Member

I got one of these for about $1. works perfectly, cant be opened.
    blade bank.jpg

Jayaruh likes this.
  15. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

That slot in the back of my medicine cabinet. Its where razor blades go to die. Sounds pretty full. My apartment complex used to be an old hospital. The apartments are refurbished patient rooms and the rest of the hospital was torn down and had our parking lot built on it. No telling how many blades are in the walls.
    WIN_20150811_023728.JPG

16. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I like that. Where did you get it?

17. radmit

radmit Well-Known Member

Here in Australia, we call them $2 shops. Full of cheap nasty stuff. They all have these money tins.

I got the $100 tin

Sara-s likes this.
  18. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

We have similar sorts of shops here. I'll have to look around.

19. radmit

radmit Well-Known Member

Happy to sort you out and send one if you like

Sara-s likes this.
  20. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Nice of you, but no need. The postage would be rather high, and I am sure I can find one here.