A new Turk on the block.

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by bald as, Apr 14, 2015.

1. bald as

bald as Well-Known Member

I ordered a #1 Turkish horse hair about a week ago and it arrived in Adelaide today.

I know the rules :) No photos, it didn't happen. Well this thing made so much lather that the lens wasn't wide enough.

I have done the vinegar, 2 or 3 test lathers and hair shampoo and lather again and the stable aroma is diminishing. Don't get me wrong, the aroma isn't offensive nor is it overpowering. Very little when dry and really not a lot more when wet.

It has a 65 mm loft and beats any cream or soap into submission quickly. I loaded the brush with ARKO at about my normal amount from my squished bowl and quickly had enough for about 10 passes :)

Well maybe 4 or 5 - but a lot anyway. I know photos !!!

It cost me delivered to Australia under $20:00 [Australian] which is a bit weak at present.

Steve

RaZorBurn123, Mike Brown and BigMark like this.
  2. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

Which #1 are you speaking of the synthetic or professional? :)

3. bald as

Sorry Eddie, the #1 Professional [Horse]. I'll be heading to bed soon to grow some more beard to give it a real world test run in the morning.

Steve

4. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    That's cool. Pretty fast service.

5. bald as

I've purchased the #1 and the #6 and Bestshave were very quick.

6. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I have the #6 and some Arko Extra Performance shave cream I got from them. It took about 4 weeks to get back to me.

7. Mike Brown

Mike Brown Well-Known Member

I got my Turkish toys yesterday----#1 Professional, plus a #5 and a #6. I have paid more foe one boar brush before. Of course, I am with the majority that suspects Turkish horses have very coarse boar-like hair. Used the #1 Pro this morning and it was marvelous. It really made a great lather out of Valobra Menthol, to me it seemed very scritchy for a horse brush HA HA. I still like it and I am very satisfied with it.

Doryferon likes this.
  8. bald as

It may be a Borse or even a Hoare but it/they work so well. :)

Mike Brown likes this.
  9. Doryferon

Doryferon Well-Known Member

Another shaver who said the truth
    They are Boars !

;)

I have 5 of those turkish boars,all of them re-handled.