Every day or every other day ?

Discussion in 'Head shaving' started by BigMark, Jul 21, 2014.

1. BigMark

BigMark Tests razors by shaving Wookies

Do you fellows find that if a blade is sharper that it is best to shave every other day instead of every day? I know I can only find out what works for me by experimenting but I was curious what you guys do.

Kizurra likes this.
  2. Mike Brown

Mike Brown Well-Known Member

I find shaving everyday is more comfortable. The shorter stubble shaves off better with fewer passes.

Kizurra likes this.
  3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    About five years ago I shaved my head for a while because my 2 year old grandson lost his hair due to chemo therapy. I am glad I do not have to shave my head. I found it a chore to shave my head at the time. I am glad I have a full head of hair and don't need to shave it. I will stick to my face.

Kizurra likes this.
  4. IDuck

IDuck Well-Known Member

i am a everyother day'er

Kizurra likes this.
  5. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I shave every couple days. I find it overkill to shave every day in my case. it would help me get thru product a little faster and I wouldn't have to wait to try the different samples. it's killing me lol!

Kizurra likes this.
  6. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

I do about 50/50. I shave 4 to 5 times a week usually. I definitely get closer and more comfortable shaves on 48 hours' growth.

baldeez88, GatorJoe and Kizurra like this.
  7. nelius22

nelius22 Member

I couldn't agree more!

baldeez88 and Kizurra like this.
  8. Aussie Sly Guy

Aussie Sly Guy New Member

Everyday usually, sometimes I have Sunday's off

Kizurra likes this.
  9. PanHead

PanHead Member

I'm usually a night time shower/shaver. My usual routine is Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and occasionally Saturday morning if I have a social engagement that evening.

Kizurra likes this.
  10. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

My husband generally shaves his head every day. His preferred blade is Feather.

Kizurra likes this.
  11. Monbonlupin

Monbonlupin Active Member

I shave every day, using a Feather or Astra blade.

Kizurra likes this.
  12. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I usually shave 3-4 time a week Mom, Wed, Fri and sometime one weekend day. Although for the last two weeks I've been shaving pretty much everyday, just because. While I kind of think the shave is easier if I shave everyday, either way it still takes about the same amount of time.:) My blades of choice are Vikings Sword and Astra SP.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
    Kizurra likes this.
  13. Robyflexx

Robyflexx Broke the Like button

Been shaving my dome everyday for the past 8 years after my widows peak became dangerously peaky :angry019: lol. I find it best shaving Ed as the hair is always short and easier for the blade to take it off. I sometimes use a brush and shave soaps on it or just cremo cream. Using head blade now. :)

Kizurra likes this.
  14. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I find that the back of my head and neck rash up if I shave everyday. The rest of my head seems easier if I have the extra day worth of growth for the blade to catch. 2 pass mostly with the grain is how I get a shiny dome. XTG and ATG just don't work as well on my head as they do on my face. I haven't been shaving M head long enough to be able to pull off those angles yet.

Kizurra likes this.
  15. Robyflexx

I had that problem at first and I remedied it by applying moisturizer to my head after every shave. Hope this helps

Kizurra likes this.
  16. DDuckyMark

DDuckyMark Ducky Duck and the Hiding Bunch

I use nivia sensitive aftershave to help. I've also started using coconut oil as a preshave and my whole head worth of skin seems so much softer and moister.

Kizurra likes this.
  17. Robyflexx

Nivea aftershave is indeed a great product and the coconut oil is also great, I also use oils in my rotation. I have found shave secret and vitamin e oil which also contains coconut oil to be fantastic.

Kizurra likes this.
  18. baldone

baldone Member

I truly love the feel of my head freshly shaven, especially against the grain. So in a perfect world I would shave it everyday as a couple of people mentioned, time becomes a factor for me. If I have a couple of extra minutes it's happening. So I always shave it on Sundays so I have that shine at church, it's a beacon for my kids to see where we're sitting when they come in late :)

baldeez88 and Robyflexx like this.
  19. gwsmallwood

gwsmallwood Well-Known Member

Funny. Our auditorium holds about 1500, but there are so many men embracing the bald look these days that I don't stand out at all. Our Jr. High pastor had a bunch of us over to watch the games last weekend, and he was the only man there with hair. The other 4 of us all had shaved heads.

baldeez88, baldone and Robyflexx like this.
  20. Robyflexx

You guys must have looked like a bunch of Hare Krishna's! :happy097:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
    baldone likes this.