NO BUY JULY 2015 or ARE YOU THE MASTER OF YOUR OWN UNIVERSE?

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by Omaney, Jun 22, 2015.

1. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

Be careful someone doesn't hack your computer.

jamespasini69 likes this.
  2. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

Or drive your bidding up.

jamespasini69 and Drygulch like this.
  3. Dubs

Dubs Well-Known Member

Yesterday, I was at Walmart and saw some "Magic" shaving powder. That peaked my interest, but I remembered my No-Buy July commitment. Then, later last night, I reached for my Pinaud Clubman Talc Powder and realized I am so low, that I will most certainly run out before July ends. Yep. The reality has now set in... At least I have some Johnson & Johnson Baby Powder that I'll use when my Pinaud powder is out.

4. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I'll give you a hint. It has soap, cologne, AS balm, and deodorant in the gift set. And Ralph Lauren on the cover of the box. That help you narrow it down?
    (It's one of those auctions I can be reasonably sure I'm not competing against TSD members...but am probably competing against B&B and Basenotes members.)

5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Now that is some will power.

jamespasini69 and Dzia Dzia like this.
  6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Ah nice. Well, I'll stay clear of it :)

jamespasini69 and PLANofMAN like this.
  7. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

Thought it was something I was watching (just for fun mind you), but you're safe. LOL

jamespasini69 and PLANofMAN like this.
  8. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

Well if it was me I'd probably give up NBJ for a Mergress.

9. grump

grump Well-Known Member

So, now, I will expect you will be joining me in the The Haul: July 2015 thread! :eatdrink047:

jamespasini69 and bnccna2 like this.
  10. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I should have a couple of things to post there this week :)

jamespasini69 and grump like this.
  11. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I come to you all with great sincerity and humbleness. I have a confession. :angry032: :sad024:

I have fewer razors but more willpower than @Darkbulb

Capture.JPG

:taunt002::taunt002::taunt002::taunt002::taunt002::taunt002::taunt002::taunt002::taunt002::taunt002::taunt002::taunt002::taunt002::taunt002::taunt002::taunt002::taunt002::taunt002::taunt002::taunt002::taunt002::taunt002::taunt002::taunt002::taunt002:

12. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

how do you use powder in your shave?
    my nbj includes only shaving related products and gear. if I run out of toothpaste, deodorant, body soap, or shampoo. I'm replacing them. I didn't even consider those items part of this endeavor.

13. Mr. Shaverman

Mr. Shaverman Well-Known Member

Magic Shave is kind of a powder version of Nair. It's for people who don't want to or can't shave. Like Nair, it chemically burns the hair off. I've heard mixed things about this, but people must be buying it because it's in most stores here.

14. Dubs

Dubs Well-Known Member

I had never before seen or heard of the Magic Shave powder but after @Mr. Shaverman posted that info, I don't think I'll be experimenting with Magic Shave. Chemically burns - bump that!

15. Serenityoli

Serenityoli New Member

I'm in!!!

jamespasini69, Boojum1 and mrchick like this.
  16. Shavington

Shavington Member

Im in! I know im starting a few days in, but I honestly haven't purchased anything since June.

jamespasini69, Boojum1 and mrchick like this.
  17. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I was referring to his reference to pinaud clubman talc/ powder.
    I worked with a guy( black guy) who used it (magic powder)regularly. he said he got bad irritation from blades. when I asked about using it also, he said I would get the exact opposite reaction, that I would most likely get severe razor burn from it.
    you put it on, wait, then scrape it off with a spoon.
    I may be a light skinned brotha, with my extreme sense of style(gold teeth included), but I took his word for it. he seemed like he knew what he was talking about. so I never used it.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  18. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

-2.jpg Darth DB :yoda2

19. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

I was/am a fool for playing with the Dark Side. I may be done tomorrow. :angry019:

:sick013: ??? :signs002:

20. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

[​IMG]