How to support TSD

Discussion in 'The Help Desk' started by sparky5693, Jun 23, 2012.

1. gmaugie007

gmaugie007 Well-Known Member

there are some amazon links above in this thread ... from over 2 1/2 years ago.

are they still valid?

if so, this is an especially great day to use the partnered link ... #happyPrimeDay

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Thank you everyone for the support so far! Every bit helps!

A raffle is a fine idea, but as it is No Buy July that wouldn't be too fair to the NBJ folks.

The Amazon links are still valid, and I have a list of Amazon links that folks can utilize, without spending a dime, that benefit TSD. I'll post them in a sec, and add them to the original post.

The problem is Amazon pays 2 months after the fact. Not much immediate help, unfortunately.

3. Queen of Blades

4. nascarfandan

nascarfandan Active Member

no,no,no, you're looking at it all wrong....you wouldn't be buying anything...you'd be making a donation to the den and a few folks would be "winning" stuff. Kinda like when I used to take my daughters to sell their Girl Scout cookies. When someone would complain about the price of the cookies (or nuts) I would tell them the same thing. You're making a donation to the Girl Scouts and getting a box of cookies for your trouble...win-win. If not perhaps in August.

5. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Just ordered some Oakmoss Sandalwood and Desert Rose soaps, along with making a small donation. :happy093:

6. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Bump! The Amazon portal is a great way to support your forum!

macaronus likes this.
  7. Queen of Blades

:chores016:

swarden43 likes this.
  8. Marine68

Marine68 Well-Known Member

I am new here but so far this place has provided me with lots of valuable advice and information in a very short time. I wIll be supporting the site.

I would like to toss out the idea of having a T-shirt made everyone likes t-shirts. I have a good quality t-shirt maker that makes my Car Club shirt at a reasonable price. If there is an interest please contact me. @sparky5693

9. CrustyCat

CrustyCat Well-Known Member

I really like the forums a lot, made a couple of small donations through paypal. Easiest way for me.

Kevin

10. Robert1955

Robert1955 Well-Known Member

Yes, I made a small donation too..and will be making more, it is a superb forum...well done to Admin, but mostly to the members.

Robert.

11. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Sparky, I'd like to submit a piece on vintage throwaway advertising pens. I've gotten several of these ballpoints lately and am amazed at the quality of them, some of which rival $30 name brand pens today. Sound okay?