Delta Echo Razor Works - refinished razors

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by ram57, Jun 17, 2015.

1. BJHawk1

BJHawk1 Member

Well it arrived and look forward to breaking it in tomorrow. Its a brushed stainless (since I am in the Navy I will call it haze gray) prewar tech. I will also say as good as the photos are on the website, they still do not do it justice. Definitely worthwhile if you are interested in purchasing a refurb.

FullSizeRender (3).jpg FullSizeRender (4).jpg
    FullSizeRender (5).jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    MR41, tuxxdk, RaZorBurn123 and 8 others like this.
  2. Douglas Carey

Douglas Carey Wildman

Looks great sailor, enjoy!!!

wristwatchb, BJHawk1 and ram57 like this.
  3. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

That looks really good. I like that non-flashy look, very subtle.

wristwatchb, BJHawk1 and ram57 like this.
  4. BJHawk1

BJHawk1 Member

Semper Fi from a former FMF Corpsman

wristwatchb likes this.
  5. hippiebrian

hippiebrian Well-Known Member

Seems like the first time I have ever described a razor (or anything else that doesn't float) as haze gray and under way. Keep it up, sailor! Remember, sailors belong on ships and ships belong underway. One of the things I really miss about my 12 years in the Navy are the cruises. If in 20 years you don't look back at that time fondly, you're doing it wrong!

BJHawk1 likes this.
  6. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Or you worked in the boiler room. :(

7. Thanks BJ, use it good health! Heck, I might have to rename it to Haze Gray.

8. BJHawk1

BJHawk1 Member

I have used the razor a couple of times now and while the tech is obviously mild it shaves as advertised however, the ease of rinsing/cleaning the razor is nothing short of outstanding. The coating is slick and nothing sticks to it.

wristwatchb, Darkbulb and ram57 like this.
  9. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Concur, this and my Pil's by far the easiest I've come across to clean. I have the steam punk finish and what a difference the clearcoat makes on the finish.

BJHawk1, wristwatchb and Darkbulb like this.
  10. Smoothy

Smoothy Well-Known Member

Thanks to the very bad influence of friend ChiefShaver here, who recently shared a pic of his Steampunk fat handle Tech, I decided to order myself a Fatboy, my all-time favourite adjustable, also in Steampunk. I absolutely love that deep copper colour plus the accents of the black and brass... Can't wait for it to arrive and to share my first shave with it here in the Den.

11. bonakshed

bonakshed New Member

[​IMG]

Just received my 1964 (J4) slim adjustable today and just had my first shave with it.

Beautiful razor, excellent job, am very happy with it.

Very nice shave with it

Graeme

12. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

A big shout out to Jay Delta Echo Razors for his superb work on my Gillette New LC! :cool: This is the bronze coating.

SOTD_092315a.jpg SOTD_092315b.jpg

MR41, simms623, BJHawk1 and 4 others like this.
  13. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Love it. That is such an 'upgrade' in that it's both subtle and classy.
    He does great work.

Funny thing is I read on TSR how users perceive the coating on the head actually improves the shave and I'd be really curious to hear your thoughts once you get a chance to try out that beaut.

Dzia Dzia and wristwatchb like this.
  14. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, Jay does great work, and he is a true gentleman. The photos don't show it, but the finish looks almost perfect. I had a hard time deciding on the color, but I think it the bronze gives it a cool vintage look. I also considered black, and maybe I'll try that on another New LC at some point.

I shaved with it for the first time tonight since it has been recoated. I'm still getting to know the razor, but so far it has provided the best two-pass shave of any DE or SE razor I have ever used. It performs better for me than my Mongoose loaded with a Feather Super Pro blade, and that's saying a lot. Give me a shave or two, and I'll let you know what I think about the effect of the coating on the head. It certainly has a slicker feel than the original gold plating. Thanks again for the kind words. Coming from a razor aficionado like yourself, that is high praise. :)

15. flintlock

flintlock Member

Hi all, Great tread. I just discovered Delta Echo and Love there stuff. e-mailed Jay and want to get a Fatboy out to him in a few weeks. Great pic's guys Enjoy those Razors.

Anthony

Douglas Carey likes this.
  16. LOOT

LOOT Well-Known Member

Jay...do you accept custom color requests? if so, please post a link for the color chart.

Also, what's the upcharge for picking a color or combo of that you don't have in stock?

Thanks in advance.

17. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Yea...i pushed it...they are all INCREDIBLE! I should have not pushed it..........

18. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Do you have any pics of the steampunk look? I would lurve to see them

19. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Jay hasn't been around in almost a year. Best to contact him through his site. http://www.deltaechorazors.com

20. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

This is a razor Delta Echo did for me. A Gillette short comb head on a Scotch & Stowe handle, Bronze and Pale Gold. Before and after pics...... unspecified.jpg

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
    MR41 likes this.