NATIONWIDE BOX TOUR #2

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by fishcrow, Jun 9, 2015.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I now have everything satisfactorily dry fitted into the box. Had to remove a can of unscented soap and another called Shiner Gold that smells like Wrigley's gum. Also (I'm ashamed to admit this) I broke the Lion razor. One of the guards was wonky and it just snapped off...doesn't seem like that big a loss, though.

Since there were a few spare centimeters left in the box, I am including a tray of Trac II carts, three 5 packs of the med preps I forgot I had, and 10 early '60s coated stainless hospital blades (these are EXCELLENT, please use them without fear). IMG_20150723_231605_468.jpg

I expect the box will go out Saturday, so if someone wants to PM me the next address...thanks...

Rufus T. and trey06dmd like this.
  2. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

For those having trouble finding postcards, the local Walgreens here has them, possibly in other locations.

3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Taking the box to the P.O. in about an hour. We've got some running around afterward so I'll post the tracking # when I get back this afternoon.

trey06dmd likes this.
  4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

My wife checked Walgreens, CVS, Walmart and a grocery store here locally. Nothing.

5. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Take a piece of paper and draw your own postcard. Done :)

gorgo2 and trey06dmd like this.
  6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I was about to have my 7 year old do that when my wife handed me the one.

Tracking 9505513247725206011250

trey06dmd likes this.
  7. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

It is on the move to stop #2, go box go.

SHAVEWIZARD420 and trey06dmd like this.
  8. trey06dmd

trey06dmd Arko eater

The box has arrived safely in NY!

[​IMG]

Hmm, what is THAT smell??? Let's take a look around... uh oh... IS THAT?!?

[​IMG]

Well, let's open her up and see what all the fuss is about... hmm, I don't get it. Maybe I'm chosen? We'll have to give it a try.

Bit crunched for time this week so might be the weekend before I dig much more into it. Try to ship next Monday. Box looks like it has some miles on it so I'll be repacking into a fresh one.

Rufus T., gorgo2 and SHAVEWIZARD420 like this.
  9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

*smacks forehead*

I totally forgot to get a new box. Sorry, team. Glad it arrived okay.

trey06dmd likes this.
  10. trey06dmd

trey06dmd Arko eater

No biggie. It got here intact.

11. SHAVEWIZARD420

SHAVEWIZARD420 Well-Known Member

I have been going thru the den and come up with a nice pile of stuff to add to the box. looking forward to the mystery of what the box contains.:smiley respect:

trey06dmd likes this.
  12. fishcrow

fishcrow Birdman of TSD

It is now at stop #2.

13. SHAVEWIZARD420

14. trey06dmd

trey06dmd Arko eater

Sorry for the delay guys. Crazy last couple of weeks. I'll try my best to get the box out tomorrow. Worst case it WILL go out Thursday at the latest.

15. SHAVEWIZARD420

no problem. I figured I would bump the thread because it was getting down on the list.

hey @fishcrow are we responsible to PM info to whoever has the box or how dies this work?

16. trey06dmd

trey06dmd Arko eater

He sent it to me in a pm.

SHAVEWIZARD420 likes this.
  17. SHAVEWIZARD420

ok cool. thanks

burnout961 and trey06dmd like this.
  18. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

If anyone on the box list is curious about the Roman Brio I added, it's very similar to Clubman. That's why I parted with it. But if you like Clubman, it'll probably appeal to you.

19. SHAVEWIZARD420

I've heard about the Roman Brio and there's quite a few people around here that use it regularly. I saw that Hi Karate as well. that's good stuff but you have to be careful how you use it! lol

Rufus T. likes this.
  20. trey06dmd

trey06dmd Arko eater

Ok so the box is packed up and ready to go but I didn't get it out today. I'll get it shipped tomorrow. Some things I learned:

1. I don't see what the big deal is with The Veg. Doesn't smell offensive to me or SWMBO, but she doesn't like it and I just don't think it's for me. Smells like the lilacs at my grandma's house to me.

2. Not a fan of bay rum scented products. Hoping real bay rum smells better.

So. My gives:

[​IMG]

My takes:

[​IMG]

I'll update with tracking info when it's sent.

Rufus T., SHAVEWIZARD420 and gorgo2 like this.