Cigar Today, Anyone?

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Aedan382, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Sorry I'm just getting to this DD, I'm on PDT and I'm just getting to my cigar now.

Hope you enjoyed yours DD! I've not smoked that particular type but do like the Lonsdale size.

So gents, I know you're all high rollers ( you must be to do both razors AND cigars, but what is your favorite cigar retailer? I know that the good stuff isn't cheap, but I'm trying to find quality at a decent price. My smoking in Seattle tends towards pleasant summer nights, almost on a daily basis, with a hiatus for most of the fall/winter when the rains set in.

Look forward to your response as I'm lounging on my deck in the setting sun.

Cheers!
    - RT

2. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

I get most of mine from Cigars International. I am definitely a High Roller though. My go to daily cigar is the 5 Vegas Classic. To me, it is as good as sticks costing 4-6 time mores.

Rufus T. likes this.
  3. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Thanks Bob, I just placed an order with CI, including a 5-pack of 5 Vegas Classic coronas!
    :eatdrink047:

Bobcat likes this.
  4. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Thanks again Bob, I just received my first order through CI.

Here's to you!
    Cheers!
    - RT
    5VegasClassic.JPG

Bobcat likes this.
  5. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

The rest of my sampler order through Cigars International.

IMG_2426.jpg

Bama Samurai and Bobcat like this.
  6. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Smoked one of these last night. A very nice cigar in the $3 range.
    upload_2015-7-24_6-36-58.png

Rufus T. and Bobcat like this.
  7. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Afternoon cigar

[​IMG]

Hoya De Monterey Excalibur
    On Mayne Island, BC Canada

moz68 and Bobcat like this.
  8. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

Now you're just bragging :p

Rufus T. likes this.
  9. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Yes I've been blessed Steve. :)
    Enjoying one week on the island retreat with family and in laws who were also blessed.

Truth is, I wouldn't mind sharing it with a group of wet shaving, cigar smoking enthusiasts...but at least I can share a photo of it for now.
    :eatdrink047:

btw - the Dirigo Blue made the trip as well and is performing just great - thanks!

swarden43 and Bobcat like this.
  10. Bobcat

Bobcat Well-Known Member

...........just getting ready to fire up. It is hot today, I may not need a lighter.

[​IMG]

Rufus T. likes this.
  11. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

My last day on the island and my afternoon cigar choice. Sunny in the 70s.
    [​IMG]

Cheers all!

Bobcat likes this.
  12. Erik Redd

I've smoked a few Alec Bradley Nica Puro Toro's over the past couple of weeks, and to tell the truth I'm not impressed. Every one has had an uneven burn and they have a tendency to go out once I get past the midway point. This video review is nice to watch though.

BamaT and Rufus T. like this.
  13. Erik Redd

Tried another one, uneven burn again

upload_2015-7-29_18-57-26.jpeg

If you are looking at the ash in the video above (and not what's behind it) you'll see it's not quite even either.

Rufus T. likes this.
  14. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

No pic, but enjoying an Oliva Serie V. A very smooth, full bodied cigar. Not strong, but full bodied. This is a very nice $7 stogie.

Dzia Dzia likes this.
  15. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

...and I hear you do it while drinking apple juice! I'll have to try that.

Though I've just tried a few, I do enjoy Oliva cigars.

BamaT likes this.
  16. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

You're so right Rufus! Wonder where you heard I drink apple juice with cigars, LOL! You should try apple juice with a stick sometime. Not sure if it's the acid or sweetness that goes well with a cigar or pipe.

This particular Oliva Serie V is a 38 ring by 7" I believe. Still enjoying it, down to the last 1/3.

17. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

Whoa, late night in Alabama !
    Coming close to the end of two weeks off from work. Enjoyed a cigar most every night. Wife noticed they were also getting longer. Can't rush a good thing. Luckily she enjoys the aroma, outdoors of course.

Will be at the grocery for some apple juice tomorrow, interested in that pairing. Always looking for a refreshing beverage with a cigar as well. I do drink alcohol but wouldn't mind a non-alcoholic option from time to time.

Bobcat and BamaT like this.
  18. Erik Redd

I smoked an H. Upmann Media Noche last night, a nice stick.
    [​IMG]

BamaT, Rufus T. and Bobcat like this.
  19. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

This one's for @Bobcat for turning me on to 5 Vegas and Cigars International - a 5 Vegas Gold out on the veranda tonight!

[​IMG]

Just a great smoke!

Cheers!
    RT

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
    Bobcat likes this.
  20. Erik Redd

Smoked a Ramon Bueso Odyssey Muy Bueso this morning, not a bad smoke. I would say it's more mild than medium.

The 60 ring is larger than I like, I prefer 42-50 ring cigars, but I put in a low bid at cigarbid.com and got a 5-pack for $7. Cigarbid.com is a bit addictive, I always seem to win more bids than I expect.

upload_2015-8-9_9-22-57.png

Rufus T. and Bobcat like this.