Done with Clubman?

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by wristwatchb, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

It's one of those aftershaves where " a little goes a long way". I think it's great stuff, and I hope the ladies in my life think the same.

2. Petty3347

Petty3347 Well-Known Member

I have to say I love clubman aftershave ....the wife likes it to.....or I think she does.but its not much of a consern. I like to be known for being smelled before seen( in a good way).which in my opinion makes a good lasting first impression.I will hopefully be trying out the vanilla soon.I can't get enough of anything vanilla.

3. entropy1049

entropy1049 Well-Known Member

Look, I'm just saying'...Did Avon Leather have this guy as their spokesman?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

From some of the Amazon reviews for Mandom where it's rated 4.8 of 5 stars:

"...A wonderful blend of aromas bringing together old musky lake cattails, Hai Karate, and a cheap Louisiana call girl..."

"...Doesn't smell like anything you've smelled before, unless you worked the Love Canal clean-up. After applying Mandom Charles Bronson executed a roundhouse kick with such acceleration that his foot traveled back in time and killed Amelia Earhart..."

"...Bordering on too manly. If you don't smoke a pipe but would like to, this is the aftershave to get you there..."

"...makes you want to hit the Disco immediately..."

"...Thank you MANDOM for making me smell like a 65 year old Japanese truck driver / weight lifter who just ate 2 bowls of ramen and rescued 8 children from a rising river. My wife and dog says I am too young to wear this (40) but I say..deal with it. I am now a man!"

"...Like the ghost of Charles Bronson roundhouse-kicking He-Man into and through your favorite Rambo movie. Citrus, sage, gasoline, and Death Wish style vengeance. Get some of this before its gone. You will feast upon it and despair, ye mortal man..."

"..citrusy scent with a punch of jet fuel..."

I did not make those up:

http://www.amazon.com/GATSBY-Mandom...iewpoints=1&sortBy=bySubmissionDateDescending

Daughter works at Sephora and peddles a lot of high end fragrances. Of my AS's, her favorite: Pinaud Clubman.

4. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Hey if smelling like the Duke is the desired result, thats an easy one....Lilac Vegetal was his signature scent....

If smelling like Leather is the results looked for, I find Clubman SR is more like leather than even Creed English Leather which cost like 20x's more....

If smelling like the Marboro Men is what you want....well I never smelled one when they were still alive so I wouldn't know....But If it's like they would smell now....then probably Lilac Vegetal is the answer here too.....lol!!
    Harry Truman in 1945... Probably Clubman Original.....Although you have my interest though....I have my eyes peeled for a bottle as we speak....

5. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

What can I say.....Your daughter obviously has great tastes, and should be managing a high end fragrance boutique...If she pick the Clubman she has my trust...:happy088::happy088:

6. Paul Turner

nice to see the shampoo in that picture-I have a looooong way to go before ordering some more.

wristwatchb and Douglas Carey like this.
  7. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

I just used the last of my bottle this morning :( Now I have to hunt for some more......

Fred Hill and Douglas Carey like this.
  8. Paul Turner

...Clubman.com(of course! and maybe at your local Sally's Beauty

Fred Hill and Douglas Carey like this.
  9. Fred Hill

Fred Hill Well-Known Member

Mail Me ALL your Clubman Products & I'll do my "vewwy, vewwy" best to un-waste your purchases! I even use Clubman Talc! I've used Clubman Products for 50 years; & NEVER heard a Complaint! Either folks are afraid of me; Or; the 'overall' Kentucky Culture of my Homeland is SO-MUCH less sophisticated & under-cultured, than the 'Higher-Classed" cultures your happy enough to enjoy! "SALUTE!" :happy068::lyrtuy5: Oh; I buy mine near-by a local place called, "The Snooty Fox!":scared007:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
    Spyder, wristwatchb and Douglas Carey like this.
  10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

They likely could never have afforded him. But I'm convinced he'd have slapped some on before loading up a sock full of quarters, as I always do.

11. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I will be happy to send you a sample of my old stock of Leather just to convince you that SR, while very good, is to Leather what Apollo Creed was to Ivan Drago: prettier and more refined but not nearly as testosteroned and, barely a minute into the first, sadly not up to the task.

12. Paul Turner

They should change that store name to "The Men of Clubs" :)

13. Fred Hill

Fred Hill Well-Known Member

Hah, hah... She sells Men's products, too!

14. Paul Turner

I got my Dad hooked on the shaving cream when I first used it as a teen-ager.

Fred Hill likes this.
  15. Paul Turner

I thought she was going to say "Hmmmm...different than Axe, but in a nice way"

16. Paul Turner

Popeye: I'm strong to the finach, cause I eat my oakmoss
    I'm Popeye the Sai-lor man..OO OO

Fred Hill likes this.
  17. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Gee I really like it (the original). IMO that and french fries about the only thing the French have done right.

18. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

Were you born in Dec 54? I was told I have a lost twin out there somewhere...

Spyder likes this.
  19. preidy

preidy Just call me Dino

No I love the stuff. I suspect you and the Mrs didn't meet via eHarmony?

wristwatchb likes this.
  20. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Really! Clubman is good stuff I'm wondering what is going on with Y'all.

Spyder, Mr. Shaverman and wristwatchb like this.