Your Pipe of The Day.

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by KcHighLife, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Lo'Gosh

Lo'Gosh Well-Known Member

013.JPG
    Couldn't help myself, so I went and had some Comoys Cask #1. It's official, I am a Latakia fan! This tobacco is simply great. It starts out slightly smokey, sweet and a little tangy. As the bowl goes on, it becomes smokier and even faintly spicey. It burns cool, slow and even burning with a great room note. Really love this stuff and would highly recommend it. Note, it is a "Double English", which according to the lable means double the Latakia of a typical English, but with the same amount of Virginias and Orientals. Overall just a great tobacco in my opinion.

BamaT and Bama Samurai like this.
  2. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Is that broken flake or ready rubbed?

Lo'Gosh likes this.
  3. Lo'Gosh

It's a ready rubbed mixture.

Bama Samurai likes this.
  4. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

I bit the bullet and ordered a Stanwell 2012 POTY. I thought it was a pretty good deal at $80 from Cigars International. This ended several days of internet shopping. I can already see PAD may be a worse habit than RAD.

upload_2015-8-31_20-20-46.png

5. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

It sure looks like a nice sampler. Great looking pipe, lighter, multi-pipe and tobacco pouch, and some great tobaccos. You did really good. H&H Viprati is supposed to be some really good tobacco. Next time I order from P&C, I'm going to get a tin. I know you've got a number of blends to try; be sure and give us some reviews as you get through them.

Bama Samurai and Lo'Gosh like this.
  6. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

That's a nice looking pipe! And I certainly agree with you on PAD, and I think some others here will agree. Congratulations on the pipe purchase, that sounds like a good deal. It's funny how tastes will evolve. I used to prefer bent pipes, but now like straights better.

7. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Let us know how it turns out. I think I may have been packing the FVF and CF too tight. With the course pieces, they perhaps need a bit more space and air to burn well. Most tobaccos I have no problem knowing how to pack, but these Sam Gawith offerings are a challenge!

8. Lo'Gosh

So far I've tried the Comoys and the H&H Old Companion. The Comoys in the briar was amazing, really love it! The Old Companion I smoked in a Missouri Meerschaum "Great Dane". It started out great; naturally very sweet and nutty; but then it started tasting a little off. I believe due to the cob pipe being new; so I'll have to try again with a briar pipe. I have taken a whiff of the Viprati and it smells good. It will be my first VaPer, but I can't wait to try it.
    Also, the pipe smokes great. I think it is the same as the ones you can get in the 3fer deal. If so, I suspect being pleased with the 3fer pack.

Bama Samurai and BamaT like this.
  9. Lo'Gosh

003.JPG 006.JPG

Heres the extra goodies from the Customer Appreciation sampler.

-1 Missouri Meerschaum Great Dane
    -1 Pouch of John Bull pipe tobacco (Proper English)
    -1 Pouch of Cest la Vie pipe tobacco (French Vanilla Aromatic)
    -1 Pouch of Virginia Gold pipe tobacco (Cherry Cavendish Aromatic)
    -1 Pouch of Smokers Pride Regular
    -1 baggie with about 2oz. of what looks to be a Capt. Black blend
    -1 Gurkha Cigar Caddy (Black & Yellow)
    -1 1 pack of Big Ben pipe cleaners (80 count)
    -1 pack Humi care Humidor seasoning wipes
    -1 Baccarat "Conference Table" ashtray
    -1 Softy pipe tip
    and 5 assorted cigars, all top shelf ($5-10 each)
    -1 Drew Estate Camo ball cap

All in all, definitely an amazing deal and a great package, worth every penny and more. Very glad the GF talked me into getting it.

KLF and BamaT like this.
  10. Lo'Gosh

011.JPG

Just wanted to post this up, show yall how my "smoking den" is coming along. It's getting there. =)

Bama Samurai, KLF and BamaT like this.
  11. Bama Samurai

All of the favorites in one place. I like it!

Lo'Gosh, BamaT and KLF like this.
  12. Bama Samurai

That should be a great pipe. And yeah, PAD can get cruel.

Lo'Gosh and BamaT like this.
  13. KLF

KLF Doctorin

very cool, I need a similar setup for my new-found hobby ☺

Bama Samurai, Lo'Gosh and BamaT like this.
  14. Lo'Gosh

003.JPG

Tonights pipe. Some H&H Viprati in my new 1/2 bent Dublin from P&C. Sorry for the bad lighting.

Bama Samurai and BamaT like this.
  15. BamaT

BamaT Well-Known Member

Sounds good! I'm looking forward to hearing your impressions of Viprati.

Lo'Gosh likes this.
  16. Bama Samurai

Dig it! I have a tin of Viprati in the Cellar. I need to crack it soon.

BamaT and Lo'Gosh like this.
  17. Lo'Gosh

It's a pretty good tobacco. I wanna try letting it dry for say 15-30 minutes the next time though and see how it is. I feel like with a little experimenting it can be better. It's sweet and zesty with a little bit of spice. Looking to see how it is with a little drying. I may have to buy a tin and cellar it for a while. Let me know how yours is @Bama Samurai . :happy088:

KLF and BamaT like this.
  18. Bama Samurai

I will likely get into it later this month. Busy trying to smoke down my open stuff right now. It sounds like I will love it though! And I Will dry it like you suggest! :)

KLF, BamaT and Lo'Gosh like this.
  19. Lo'Gosh

I'm thinking tomorrow will be some Orlik GS in a vintage Dr. Grabow El Dorado. :thanks:

KLF, BamaT and Bama Samurai like this.
  20. Bama Samurai

My pleasure! I love this stuff. :) I live in an area where there is no place for pipe smokers to congregate. Thanks for being part of my TSD pipe informal pipe club!

After you get the box, PM me, I'll tell you what I know about the contents.;)

KLF, BamaT and Lo'Gosh like this.