The Haul: September 2015

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Sep 1, 2015.

1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

This is always a fun thread! Show us what you got! :mail:

Jayaruh likes this.
  2. Recklesstr

Recklesstr Arkoholic

Bought these two razors for $32 ($14+$18 shipping). A Schick krona and a Gillette Black Handle Super Speed T2 1973. I've sanitized them and shaved with schick and its shave seemed similar to EJ DE89 to me. I quite like the way it shaves but I noticed that the handle gets very slippery when its soapy.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Slow Joe

Slow Joe Relishing his obsession

The wife went to the barbershop today (which is only brick and mortar seller of shave gear around here.) To get me a surprise little present. When buying anything shave related she always gets me something I would never chosen myself but end up loving. Technically this isn't shave gear. But as I love DR Harris products I can't wait to try this out. It smells great. A really nice strong mint scent. Thanks wifey.

[​IMG]

4. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Received a brush and a Vie Long shaving soap stick.
    The soap produced a very sub-par lather. I'll give it another try "just because" but I don't have any greater hopes for it.
    The brush is pretty good though.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  5. Dzia Dzia

Dzia Dzia Entitled to whine

Sometimes that's the way the cookie crumbles.:sad024::confused:

RaZorBurn123, clint64 and mrchick like this.
  6. Dzia Dzia

Here have some whine. It will make you feel better.
    DSC_00016.JPG

Fred Hill, alpla444, IDuck and 6 others like this.
  7. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I should have clarified - it was the soap that sucked...not the brush :)

RaZorBurn123, mrchick and Dzia Dzia like this.
  8. Dzia Dzia

Have some whine any way.
    [​IMG]

RaZorBurn123 and mrchick like this.
  9. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Maybe half a glass.

10. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Another great gift by a wife.
    Nice!

11. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

I bought this sexy piece of glass the evening (the lens...not the camera). I sold off some stuff of mine to afford it and though I have only taken photos of a piece of duplo, I am in love! It's the Nikkor (Nikon) AF-S 35mm f1.8G lens. I haven't used a prime lens (fixed focal length) in....man...15 years! All I had before this was my kit lens, an 18-55mm. My 35mm is like a dream come true! Crystal clear pics, insane bokeh (blurry background), and it's super stubby looking! I'll be posting some photos taken with it later.

[​IMG]

zec668, Radiotube, Hodge and 19 others like this.
  12. MoAllen

MoAllen King of Unscented

Nice! I used to have the same lens. Got great results.

I took part in an organized photo walk a few years ago and decided to just take one lens. Other folks were carrying big bags of gear and fumbling with changing lenses but I was traveling light - just my DSLR with the compact 35mm mounted. I think I made better pictures because I was limiting myself to a single point of view. The photos were very sharp, of course!

Good luck!

13. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

I hauled the
    Berkeley Custom Shaver
    20150902_193416-1.jpg
    it came with the directions and four blades. I really don't think it was ever used. it will be tomorrow.

zec668, Fred Hill, Hodge and 16 others like this.
  14. lradke

lradke and doggone it, people like me

Does the "Variable Pitch" adjust aggression? That's a neat find by the way. ;)

15. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

it is supposed to
    the instructions say that 0 is safe to travel " no blade exposure" adjust up to get a more aggressive shave.
    0-8 I'm gonna try it at 5

clint64 likes this.
  16. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Super nice - I can attest to that is one fine shaver!!
    Really looking forward to hearing what you think of it

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  17. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

lradke likes this.
  18. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I like razors to be a bit on the aggressive side and ended up settling on a 2.5 setting which gave me a very, very close shave.

19. Norseman

Norseman misunderstood Dark Lord of the Sith

That is a pretty good lens, congratulations. Looking forward to the photos. :)

lradke and Darkbulb like this.
  20. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I'm not sure how rare this purple Schick L Type is but I'm pretending that it's "ultra-rare" until someone proves otherwise.
    I've got L1's with both chrome and gold heads but the handles are all black. I've also got a yellow L6 Easy Rider and, although I don't own one, I'm aware of the red/white/blue Championship L7.
    However, I'd never seen a purple L Type so I snapped it up. It appears to be NOS because it still has the plastic blade in it and it came with the 2 blade cartridge and both blades are still in it. The plastic case is discolored and has a small crack but the razor is in very good condition so I'm pretty excited.
    :rah:

ps1.jpg ps2.jpg ps3.jpg