Soap with "perfume" scent

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by tuxxdk, Nov 21, 2015.

1. tuxxdk

tuxxdk International Penguin of Mystery

Seriously, I'm disappointed by it. I did some searching last night and it seems many are in the same boat. I have used the soap quite a few times now, each with the same average result. Tried different mixing methods and all. Great lather each time, just not top notch performance. Up until last night I thought it was me, but seeing so many have the same experience I know it's the soap, not me.

I'll try adding glycerin tomorrow. If it works great I can use my tub and then call it a day, but if not, It'll be sold or pif'ed. Same goes for XX. Funny part is, that One X is magnificent.

2. Hobbyist

Hobbyist Member

Good point. That's a bummer. Do any of the US sites offer reasonable shipping rates for overseas? For instance, for European products I can go to Shaving.ie and Connaught and pay regular shipping prices from Europe to the US. I just added a puck of SV to my cart on Shaving.ie and it was $5.17 shipping. I ordered a razor head from connaught and shipping was around $2.00. That's crazy how cheap their shipping is, but then for some sites like MdC it's $19 for one soap.

tuxxdk likes this.
  3. tuxxdk

No reasonable shipping from US to EU. USPS is crazy.

What wonders me is, that above a certain amount, Connaught offers free shipping to US, but not EU no matter the value. I would guess EU was cheaper than to US. Shipping is cheap though.

Anything within EU is cheap with shipping. Or at least reasonable.

4. Hobbyist

Hobbyist Member

Connaught at the top of their site says free shipping to US, CA, and EU on orders over 60 pounds.

tuxxdk likes this.
  5. tuxxdk

Wuhuu! That's new. Wasn't there a few weeks ago.

6. tuxxdk

Little update - he has, just now/today, ordered a Acqua di Gio type mentholated puck in tub, with lanolin, from TheShaveDen Shop.

I gave him a tube of a cream I didn't like the scent of, that he seemed to dig very much, so that'll get him started until the puck arrives.

Norseman and richgem like this.
  7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

So what did your friend decide on?

8. tuxxdk

Look up, my penguin relative :)

Theshaveden Shop soap.

9. richgem

Oops. :ashamed001:

tuxxdk likes this.
  10. richgem

edit: clearly, I'm too short to see way up there. ;)