Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

[​IMG]
    "These are the smoothest shaving blade Ive tried in a Schick razor bar none"...:happy036:

Billy..:chores016:

Rufus T., Karl G and clint64 like this.
  2. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Nice early type E2 out on the bay at a cheap BIN price if anyone is interested... :chores016:

Rufus T., twhite and Billyfergie like this.
  3. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Thanks for all the help fellas!:duel: I changed my snipe 3 times when I realized if I wanted this razor I needed to go big. You just don't see these very often and in my short career I have not run across a cased one so I just went for it! I've bought a few razors that way thankfully not many, but you can't always find the 5 dollar fatboy.(or type D) . I'm pretty happy about it as it is a rare bird but mark my words there will be 10 of them for sale next week! :happy088:

Rufus T., Billyfergie, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  4. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Im hoping one of the resident Adjustable experts can chime in and tell me what this sliding nub on the bottom side of my Schick M3 does?
    [​IMG]

Rufus T., Billyfergie and Karl G like this.
  5. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Thats the overdrive selector....or....I dunno

Red Rider, Rufus T., Karl G and 2 others like this.
  6. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Very nice. It's a protector model. Rather rare.
    The switch under the head can be flipped up and will position the safety bar to protect the blade from accidental contact.

[​IMG]

Rufus T., Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  7. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I just traded my M2 with that option to Red Rider a few weeks ago. It is a nice shaving razor. Had to dial it up a bit.

Tom

Rufus T., Karl G, Hodge and 1 other person like this.
  8. Billyfergie

[​IMG]
    They are very rare an all...;)

Billy...:chores016:

Rufus T., Karl G, Hodge and 1 other person like this.
  9. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Thank you sir. I was hoping wasnt part of the adjustment feature because it seemed to overide it, which makes sense now.

Rufus T., Karl G, Billyfergie and 2 others like this.
  10. Hodge

Hodge Well-Known Member

Im happier knowing its the rare one as it does seem the less flashy of the three models. Not having the badge on the handle makes it look plain.

11. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Yeah Man....makes it like the ultimate Travel Injector.....Flip the switch and throw it in the shave bag....protects the other stuff from the blade but also protects the edge of the blade from other stuff...:happy088:

Thats really a super cool innovation!! I believe this varient is my favorite adjustable.....maybe evah ! But then, I've always been a traveling musician and this one is the Cats Meow ! It's got it all!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
  12. Billyfergie

Ever Ready Streamline...:p
    [​IMG]
    Three Pass Routine..:cool:

Hot Water prep & massage with Coconut Oil
    Ever Ready Streamline
    Gem Stainless Blade x3
    Semogue Boar Brush
    Erasmic Shaving Soap (added Argan oil)
    Organic Aloe Vera Gel
    Men's Stock North Woods Aftershave Splash (From USA)

I had a lovely midnight shave tonight with my Ever Ready Streamline...This is a later model from the 1950s ...I don't use a shim with this model...The Streamline looks cosmetically like a Posh 1912 but that's where it ends...This aint no 1912...This a very Aggressive Shaver but ever so smooth & forgiving all at the same time..It seems to have it all...Its a very balanced SE in terms of Yin & Yang...The Streamline afforded me that coveted " Dolphin Smooth " finish this evening with 3 passes & no need for a touch up...I have put the Micromatic Family up there as the pinnacle of Gem Razors but the Streamline is the Queen Bee in my Books...Good karma...:p

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
    Rufus T., ilts, Bird Lives and 4 others like this.
  13. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Always thought these deserved an award on looks alone.....and of course they are great shavers aswell....In the 1950s this would have been Retro-Nouveau....What a timeless beauty.....

Rufus T., Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  14. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

We interrupt this regular session of the SE and Injector Party for this special report. The H Type Schick has made it's debut. :shocked003: Full shave report follows:

Let me start by saying I realize now that I secretly wanted to break the news that this razor was not worthy of further attention, that it should remain, at best, a footnote or a curiosity in any man's collection. Be forewarned, that is not the headline of this report. No, instead what I found was a shave experience worth repeating. And not just repeating now and then. I mean repeating frequently, with full abandon whenever a smooth, super close shave is calling to you. :eatdrink047:

The razor itself is a total departure from any of the other injectors in that there is no handle to speak of. Also, the spring itself is mounted on the top of the head instead of below. When I opened the box I was struck by it's small size and compactness. However, it was clear that it was well made and the protective cap gave it some heft. It was in truly excellent condition and the customary near boiling water and liquid soap soak was more for sanitizing purposes than cleansing. It was shave-ready in no time and time for the choice of a blade. Sadly, I could not find references to what blade might match well with the H and even a consultation with Billy yielded no foreknowledge as to the best choice. I decided on the Personna with the theory that it was likely a mild shaver that I might want to amp up a notch. :cool:

With it loaded and ready to go I set to work. Right away it was clear that this is one super simple razor to maneuver and use. If offers good audible feedback and finding the angle is quickly confirmed by both the sound and the sense of whiskers being efficiently whacked away. The design of the head also makes finding the angle easy as it is a simple matter of starting with the top spring against your face and lowering the angle until the guard meets your skin. That doesn't mean you won't under or overshoot, the amount of proper angle is not overly generous, but you are quickly clued in by the feedback when you are off. :happy088:

With the first rinse it was clear that this razor was excelling at leaving a close shave behind. In fact, it was then that I realized it might be in the category of an early type E2 (gasp!) With the second pass I knew it was in that category and by the third pass I started wondering if it might be approaching the PAL Injecto Matic - the King of my den. Wow. :happy036:

Touch-ups were incredibly easy and I had that coveted "Dolphin Skin Smoothness" as I applied the after shave balm. Concerned about the status of my PAL I quickly concluded that the H was certainly the Queen of the den and that there was room for both of them. A shave off may be in the offing someday but for now I will assume the PAL has a slight advantage. Yes, gents, the H is really that good. :love055:

A couple of side notes. The H has two clear downfalls. One is that I found it very finicky to load. I put a used blade in first and then followed that with a good blade. However, the second blade did not want to push the old blade out as it initially went over the old blade. I tried again and, no matter how careful I was, I could not avoid it running across the first blade stop. So, I needed to load a third which worked without any problem. The second downfall is that the H clogs quickly and needs much more frequent rinsing than any other razor I've used. In fact, I'd say it needs to be rinsed at least twice as frequently if not more.

Today's shave complement:
    T&H Ultimate Comfort PSO
    T&H Wellington Super Badger
    AOS Lavender Cream
    Schick Type H
    Personna (1)
    T&H Classic After Shave Balm

So, without further ado, here are some pics of the Queen:

Getting ready for the first shave:
    H at the ready.JPG

Close up of the head showing the top spring and where the injector loads:
    H close up.JPG

Finally, I'd like to note that no Hormones were injured during the production of today's shave... :rofl:

Karl

Last edited: Nov 28, 2015
    Herm2502, Bird Lives, zec668 and 5 others like this.
  15. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

So to summarize: "One ugly lady's razor that works surprisingly well albeit a bit tricky to load"? :)
    You may just have raised the eBay prices with a good 10-15%

Rufus T., Karl G, Hodge and 2 others like this.
  16. Billyfergie

That was one serious shave report...Enjoyed it very much Sir...As nearly as Good as the PAL Injectomatc...:signs002:....That's Sayin Somthin...Those Broads from across the Pond must have a Heavy Growth...:happy102:

Bird Lives, Rufus T., Karl G and 3 others like this.
  17. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

:rofl:

Rufus T. and Billyfergie like this.
  18. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Better get yours now before the run on them starts. ;)

@Rufus T. I note that these are perfect for non-TSA travel - it's got your name all over it! :happy097:

Rufus T., Billyfergie and Darkbulb like this.
  19. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

This is unbelievable! :eek:
    You sir are truly a "Trailblazer" in every way! :kngt:

Here's to the adventurous among us! :eatdrink047:

(what are we going to see him do next fellas? a review of Nair?!!! :shocked003:

Karl G, Hodge, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  20. Rufus T.

Rufus T. Late for dinner

How did you get the no-fly data from my private TSA file?!!
    Do you work for them?

:scared003:

Karl G, clint64, twhite and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.