Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Last week I "dusted off" my G8 and with an old maybe day 10 chinese schick blade got one of those "Best Shaves of Your Life" type shaves, and my wife rubbed my face and made a big scene 'Diggin' it'...The next day I tried to equal it, but I changed to a new EMS/Personna and after a 'tug-fest' first pass, I ditched it and finished with another razor.

Tonight while looking for an everyman from the '50's shave kit; I grabbed that G8 again...I'm remembering that I had a harder than normal type injecting that EMS blade into it last week......So maybe I fudged the edge, not likely but certainly possible...sooooooo.....Tonight, I tossed the new blade...ouch!....Injected another one in, and it "Schlock, schlocked" right in with no prob....

Hot Shower and beard shampoo pre-shave... HOT water whisker rinse....Great monster face lather with Arko and my Baby-Pro Omega....3 passes later Boom! I had equaled that shave last week!

Splashed with: Dickerson' WH, Rebul Lavanda Colonia (Turkish everyman colonia, been around since 1895), and Clubman Special Reserve (everyman barbershop classic)....Then just a couple drops of Aqua Velva Musk just for a touch of that sweet scent and voila! Perfection....Baby's Butts are marching in a jealous rage!

I was kind of thinking or maybe looking for the old "technique trumps Equipment" thing....But thats just not the case....I guess this kit with the Schick G8 and all, is just that good....I really could be happy using this set-up for the rest of my life...the 50's everyman shave kit :git:.

@Karl G ....While I'm not proclaiming this THE 'Desert Island' kit yet...it's certainly a contender....
    image.jpg

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  2. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    It has been a great week of shaves with the G1.
    sod160121b.JPG

3. zec668

zec668 Well-Known Member

Will do Karl! Supply Co. is estimating April will be their shipping time.

Redfisher, Billyfergie and Karl G like this.
  4. zec668

zec668 Well-Known Member

I love the G design! It was my first ever injector razor and has legendary status in my shave journey. Thanks for sharing Bird! I might have to give my G8 a whirl this morning. Of course it will have to share with my beloved Pal Adjustable :)

5. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

6. Gabe

Gabe Well-Known Member

Le pere Lucien Cedre Patchouli
    Edwin Jagger XL synthetic
    EverReady 1914
    Gem PTFE blade
    WSP Barbershop AS

[​IMG]

JR Reyes, Hodge, Bird Lives and 5 others like this.
  7. billdog2

billdog2 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I`m waiting for one to come available at a decent price. Just won a G4 on eBay. In your opinion, is it more aggressive than my Lady J1? Another thing about the twin blade thing, will they fit my present injectors or do I have buy one built for them? I have J1, Personna floating head and soon a g4.
    Thanks in advance..... Shave happy and enjoy, Bill

8. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I'm a "backer" on that gig can't wait!

Billyfergie, Karl G and zec668 like this.
  9. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    I had ordered a pack of carbon steel Feathers when I found out that they were junk. Being cheap as I am, I was trying to save a few bucks. Well, I decided to order ten stainless Feather SE blades from Try A Blade. The came in today and the carbon steel blades are still in postal limbo. The Feathers are glued in the wrapper pretty well. I used some alcohol to remove the glue and then I loaded two of my AutoStrop razors. I will be shaving with them over the next week.
    feathers02.JPG feathers06.JPG
    feathers02.JPG feathers03.JPG feathers04.JPG feathers05.JPG feathers06.JPG

This is tomorrow's line-up.
    sod160122b.jpg

Hodge, Billyfergie, Karl G and 2 others like this.
  10. Redfisher

For Thursday I went back to my PAL, left it set on H really smooth shave, not harsh at all and BBS after 2 passes. I think that the razor is forgiving even at the high setting. Smooth and easy! image.jpeg

Jayaruh, Hodge, Billyfergie and 4 others like this.
  11. Redfisher

image.jpeg Got a VC4 with the streamlined runner guard today. Plan to adapt it for a regular SE blade after a shave or 2 with a Feather blade. Figure I can file the tabs off and remove the spine from a GEM blade to make it work. If it doesn't work I've got $7 invested here....:eatdrink013:

Jayaruh, Billyfergie and Karl G like this.
  12. zec668

zec668 Well-Known Member

I was reading up on the Oneblade this morning and I was impressed by the uncompromising standard the founder set at making the best razor possible. Very tempting! About how many shaves do you get from a blade?

Billyfergie and Karl G like this.
  13. zec668

zec668 Well-Known Member

Cool! I really like the design changes that have happened to slim down the weight recently!

14. Herm2502

Herm2502 off to elf practice

I bailed out of my January "Tech" Focus so I've decided to move on and l give my injectors another try. First up is the textured finish E2. I'm a bigger fan of DE's, but I like a challenge. I'm sure with ask of you as my inspiration I'll come to enjoy my SE razors. Wish my luck![​IMG]

15. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Looks like the Shy Girl's not too shy with you!....:cool:

Karl G, Redfisher and Billyfergie like this.
  16. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

k
    The Schick J 1 & your Floating head will take twin blades..The Type G wont take them Bill.. :p

Billy..:chores016:

Karl G, Redfisher and billdog2 like this.
  17. billdog2

billdog2 Well-Known Member

Thanks Billy, appreciate the info. Have a nice day and weekend....... With respect, Bill

Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  18. Redfisher

I like that too! I'm excited about this razor, but the wait is killing me!

zec668, Karl G and Billyfergie like this.
  19. Redfisher

image.jpeg Had a perfect shave this morning with my type J AKA Golden 500. Absolutely fantastic razor! Beauty and performance in one package...TGIF everyone!

20. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

Unless it were the PAL Injecto Matic, er, maybe the Personna Floating Head with a twin, or maybe the Schick Adjustable with a twin... then again there's the D... and the F... :signs002:

All Dog's Danglies for sure. :chores016:

Wait until you get your hands on The Bunny! :happy097:[/quote]

I know @Karl G ..That Dog sure has a Lot of Danglies...:happy102:

Billy..:chores016:

Karl G likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.