Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

Thanks.
    I prefer cookies though.
    The cake is lie.

AGHisBBS, Billyfergie, Karl G and 3 others like this.
  2. chrisbd

chrisbd Well-Known Member

Let them eat cake! I'm sure the cake fairy would never lie to me.

Regards,
    Chris

AGHisBBS, Billyfergie and Karl G like this.
  3. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

My perfect cake would have bacon onions and cheese in it, maybe sausage......

Rufus T., chrisbd, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  4. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

Tried the Gem trio. Learned to like the OCMM and Clog-Pruf. Ended up PIF'ing
    the bullet tip. Just found it to tame and could not get a decent close shave. YMMV. I did enjoy charting into new waters with the Gem's. Now my weekend post shower razors.

Rufus T., Redfisher, AGHisBBS and 2 others like this.
  5. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Monday, February 8, 2016

Soap: Strop Shoppe Barbershoppe
    Brush: Doug Korn Prototype 2 Band
    Razor: King Cobra
    Blade: Kai Mild #2

Mon2.jpg

Rufus T., Hodge, Roderick and 6 others like this.
  6. Roderick

Roderick Well-Known Member

I found the Bullet Tip to be not much different from the CP. I will have to get some more SS coated blades and give all 3 Micromatics a comparison.

Rufus T., Red Rider, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  7. Red Rider

Valet AS didn't work for me even with the feather blades. I now want to try the Ever Ready/Star 1912 & 1914 razors.

8. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

You won't be disappointed.....The 1914 is a personal fav....And if I had to choose....the English EverReady 1912 would be my favorite 1912 variation...

9. Red Rider

Thanks, also read I should give the demanske a try ?

10. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

If you like the 1914 better than the 1912 then get a hold of a 1924, it'll give the 1914 a run for it's money. If you like the 1912 better than the 1914 then the Damaskeene would be a good next choice to try. Or, of course, get them all. :happy088:

11. Red Rider

Sounds like a plan. I've been unloading some razors lately via the bayz and local Kijiji. It's futile since I'm most likely just going to replace with others. :ashamed001:
    Will have to do some research on the razors you mentioned.

Rufus T., AGHisBBS, Karl G and 4 others like this.
  12. Bird Lives

Heres mine:
    image.jpg
    Yes the Damaskeene is a work of Art....many of it's fans think it's the Greatest Razor Design of All Time....I could see how they would...It's first off, very easy on the eyes...and it feels very mild while shaving but gives more efficient results than it feels like it would...A very deceptive creature....I loved mine...but in the end, I think I prefer the 1914....You need to try both....I know I would love to hear your opinions on these legends....

Rufus T., Red Rider, AGHisBBS and 3 others like this.
  13. Bird Lives

Might aswell.....You're going to end up getting them all anyway......:happy097:

14. Bird Lives

ER 1924 is a force to be reckoned with.....I mean it's no "Ladies Fashion Razor", but it's a mean whisker eating machine in it's own right....

Man, Karl... you've got that H type in my brain....I held my Mom's a number of times....and the last time they moved I remember her tossing out a box of old shaving stuff....Nothing important except that H type....man if I knew then what I know now! And I know she only used it once and packed it up, and just used Dad's Hydro-magic....guess she liked the longer handle...But I'm thinking that H type would probably make a killer travel injector....}8^))

Rufus T., AGHisBBS, mrchick and 2 others like this.
  15. Bird Lives

All this talk about "cool" razors has made me want to shave with something "cool"....and 'Hot' at the sametime...
    Looks like this situation calls for a Schick Repeater...
    Enter the Dragon: image.jpg
    Seen here in it's natural environment....

Man....
    HOT 2 min. Whisker rinse
    Wet Arko Stick applied generously to whiskers
    Hit my face with a wet Omega 10029 Baby-Pro loaded with Williams Mug Soap
    UBER-lather....and tons of it.....nice and slick!
    Schick Simplified Automatic C3 Magazine Repeater loaded with a fresh Long's Drugs/NOS Personna Chromium...When I load a new blade, I always open the blade door, take out the magazine, drop a new blade in. Insert Mag into razor, and RACK IT!!! Perfect! Too cool for school!

3 passes of Heaven...No need for touch-up...I'm thinking....I was always a repeater guy just waiting for this razor.... My 'Soul Shaver'!! Thanks @Rufus T.

Then splashed a palm full of Dickenson's Witch Hazel...followed by a palm of Clubman's Special Reserve and a palm of Classic Vanilla.....WHEW!!!!! I feel tooo good.....and smell good too...(course they can probably smell me in Canada....but still smelling Great...lol!)

Yep!....I think I need to do a 30 Day Focus with this set-up.....just because.....I deserve it! :happy108:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    Rufus T., Hodge, Redfisher and 5 others like this.
  16. Bird Lives

Thatsa pie....likea pizza pie....:drool:

Rufus T., Redfisher, AGHisBBS and 2 others like this.
  17. Bird Lives

Trade.....Trading is more fun! If you can......I usually pif all extra razors and cats usually pif stuff to me....I think it's like....how the universe works.....}8^))

18. Billyfergie

Billyfergie The Scottish Ninja

I just sold my Damaskeene today as I never use it..They are far better shavers than a standard 1912 for sure but I never did take to the post shave regrowth that I always got with it..I have quite rough n ready whiskers anyway & the Damskeene just seemed to make them grow back like barbed wire..Ta Ta Damaskeene ..:happy097:

Billy..:chores016:

zec668, Rufus T., Bird Lives and 4 others like this.
  19. Red Rider

I've privately pif'ed 5 razors, 2 vintage brushes + many vintage NOS blades since joining TSD here.
    Still waiting waiting for the ladder part of that equation some day.:angelic007:
    Traded 2 razors with Jim for brushes and sold a few here at nominal cost.
    I do like trades. Maybe I should modify my den with "these are the one's I want to trade."
    Like you I move doubles onward either PIF or sell. Also move razors that I don't use as part of my rotation no matter how nice the condition. Currently have 5 razors on the bayz and two on local Kijiji up for grabs. Anyone try Etsy ? I was thinking about it. All in good fun.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    Rufus T., Hodge, Redfisher and 5 others like this.
  20. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

Today's shave was the G3 as I work my way through the Schick Type Gs. Being a G it shaves the same as any other G but the difference in weight with the G2 was noticeable. It almost felt like a toy in comparison but that didn't really affect the shave outcome, just the experience. Even though the Schick blade in it still had life I put in a Personna given my clear preference for that combo. I mention all of this since today's shave left me with some weepers on my upper lip and the shave with the G2 was pretty much flawless. :signs002:

The difference in my opinion was the lather and the lack of pre-shave oil. For the G2 I used Castle Forbes and had a nice amount of lovely lather in all three passes. With the G3 I used the Biotique Palmyra. It's a good shave cream but was slightly thin in the second pass and clearly thin in the third. Also, for some reason I forgot to use PSO (despite having it at hand and at the ready) and I inevitably suffer a weeper or two when I do that. So, my bad on the PSO. I'll have to keep evaluating the Palmyra to see if it was insufficient product or if it simply needs reapplication by the third pass.

However, no arguing with the end result. Nice smooth result that pleases but not quite as close at the jawline under the ear as I get with my favorites. But, I am being picky here - it's a fine razor. :happy088:

Biotique Palmyra Shave Cream
    T&H Wellington Super Badger
    Schick G3
    Personna (1)
    Osma Alum Block
    T&H Classic After Shave Balm

G3 with kit.JPG

Happy shaving - Karl

zec668, Rufus T., Bird Lives and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.