1930's OC Gillette Aristocrat

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by alpla444, Jun 12, 2012.

1. onotoman

onotoman Member

Hi Dave

No problem, thanks for the kind words too.

I've just noticed that there is a seller on Ebay with some Rhodium Plated Razors at the moment with SOLD AS IS in capital letters in the description. Even from the small images it's clear that these are pretty rough - the Red Tip has some paint still in place that hasn't been properly stripped - why on earth bother going to the trouble of Rhodium plating and leaving such obvious defects.

I just don't understand this.

GDCarrington likes this.
  2. InfernoOrangeSS

InfernoOrangeSS New Member

Congrats on your find.

3. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Congrats on the 34 Aristocrat....any man who can wake up to one of these each morning is a lucky man indeed....
    I have a Gillette OC TTO....mine is the Senator and is the best shaving DE razor I've ever had the pleasure....Although I've never had the pleasure of the '34 Aristo....but I've been told; on good authority; that they are the best of the breed...:) So I'm sure all the Gillette OC TTO's are the best a man can get....and yours my friend, is the leader of the pack.....:)

IAmTheJody likes this.
  4. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

These are slightly more aggressive than the Sheraton / Senator series and ooh so smooth!

5. OCRAZORMAN

OCRAZORMAN New Member

Hey Dave, Yes I've Seen Those Pieces Listed As Well ~~ I Agree 100% Dont Get It... And As We All No, Its All In The Prep Work. Its Much More Then Just Giving Your Razors A Bath In A Plate Tank

GDCarrington likes this.
  6. Maxime D.

Maxime D. New Member

I agree with Dave (No him, the other one. Thought, I agree with Dave as well ^.^). I saw one of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named's replated red tip and I swear there is still red paint on the replated knob. I'll be rude... it look like a cheap weishi :-/ Not that I have something against weishis, they do the job they are expected to do and do not pretend to be something else then affordable razors.

GDCarrington likes this.