200 Gillette 7 O' Clock yellows

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Tiredricefarmer, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Tiredricefarmer

Tiredricefarmer Well-Known Member

Demidog, RyX, brit and 1 other person like this.
  2. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

How do these compare to gillette platniums? I just started and only have platniums right now but like them so far.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

3. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

Only your face will tell you.

Pick up a sampler pack that includes a variety of brands/types and then experiment.

4. brit

brit in a box

sounds like the same vendor i purchased from.ok blades for me.shipping takes a while depending where you are located.to canada took 5 weeks.

Demidog likes this.
  5. brit

brit in a box

i like gillette silver blues the best.platinums also.my copper wire whiskers took out a 7 oclock yellow in 2 and bit shaves.

6. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

I've used the 7 0'clock yellows and liked them. I'll say they compare well to the 7 o'clock black blades which I also like. The price sounds reasonable too.

As said, only your face will know how they'll work out for you.

7. Demidog

Demidog Well-Known Member

Platinums feels identical to Astra SP for me. Good blades but nothing special. The yellows are some of the best blades that I've used. They're pretty much on par with Feathers - very sharp and very comfortable. At this price, they are a bargain.

8. Tiredricefarmer

I'm still trying to find the right blade for me. The yellows so far are in my top 3 along with Wilkinson and Astra. Tried a Voshkod today and really liked it. My technique isn't good enough to try a Feather yet, lol.

9. Tiredricefarmer

I tried a silver blue and it was horrible for me, maybe it was a dud or I was having an off day, I dunno. I've got one more but was considering tossing it but I may give it another try.

10. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I learned to wet shave with Feather blades.
    I think they're great for beginners.