2nd Annual 30DC Shavey Awards

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by BaylorGator, Apr 28, 2018.

1. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Heres some German SE engineering at its finest! This creation consists of parts of nail clippers, mirror mount bracket, leftover piece of door weatherstrip and Gem SE blade spine. Dont laugh . It actually gave me a smooth 2 pass shave without drama. Ja Ja Ja.
    Razor- whatchmacallit
    Omega boar
    Williams soap
    Dickinson WH
    Aqua Velva blue

Tomorrow's razor may not shave so good. Its kind of risky looking but im kinda risky . Enjoy your day gentlemen. 15251885441524.jpg 15251885704075.jpg 15251886161706.jpg

Enrico, Keithmax, NCoxSTL and 7 others like this.
  2. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

To my knowledge, this is the first homemade, adjustable, pivoting head SE (or razor for that matter) to appear in MAYhem, right? (Last year was my first MAYhem, so I need some confirmation on this from the original 30DC members on this.) If so, it'll earn a nomination in the innovation/trailblazer category.

Keithmax, NCoxSTL, RyX and 4 others like this.
  3. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

This is my first Mayhem . Figured i should start out with a bang. Lol

Keithmax, NCoxSTL, RyX and 3 others like this.
  4. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Well done, sir.

5. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

So I have a Leopard Shavette that is getting cleaned and disinfected, and becoming a Shavey award for this year. The "Need to Step Up My Game" award. This is a self-nominated award, meaning no one is going to get stuck with a razor they won't use. If you don't have a shavette and want to try one out, this may be for you. If the academy is good with it, we can award it and ship it out in time for you to get one use in for May. Action shot of the Leopard in action, and a couple of SOTD pics.
    4273973F-DD16-40C9-B123-3C5F37AE3009.jpeg
    052E8A15-63C7-44AA-A376-51A85F47A509.jpeg
    0583019F-9058-4544-957D-55181D0641C6.jpeg

Keithmax, NCoxSTL, RyX and 5 others like this.
  6. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Thanks Adam .

RyX, clint64, SharptoothC and 3 others like this.
  7. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

Love it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

clint64, 9nein9 and jluc like this.
  8. BaylorGator

Your award. Your timing. Your pick. The Academy defers to you on this one, Adam. I'm thinking of awarding all the "Nominate Yourself" awards ahead of time as a pre-show to the actual Shavey Broadcast, so that would actually work out well.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    Keithmax, Drygulch, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  9. BaylorGator

Congrats for receiving the first nomination for the innovation award, Patrick @9nein9!

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    Keithmax, NCoxSTL, clint64 and 2 others like this.
  10. BaylorGator

And another nominee - @Drygulch in the category of least inspirational photo for attempting to persuade folks to shave with a Leopard shavette. I'm not sure if the pic below was intended to say "Your shave will be better than this leopard attack!" or "If you think this leopard attack is bad, you ain't seen nothin' yet just try shaving with a leopard shavette!" Either way, I think the lack of inspiration speaks for itself here.

[​IMG]

11. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

“Beware the Leopard”
    “But Mr Dent, the plans have been available in the local planning office for the last nine months.”
    “Oh yes, well as soon as I heard I went straight round to see them, yesterday afternoon. You hadn’t exactly gone out of your way to call attention to them, had you? I mean, like actually telling anybody or anything.”
    “But the plans were on display …”
    “On display? I eventually had to go down to the cellar to find them.”
    “That’s the display department.”
    “With a flashlight.”
    “Ah, well the lights had probably gone.”
    “So had the stairs.”
    “But look, you found the notice didn’t you?”
    “Yes,” said Arthur, “yes I did. It was on display in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying ‘Beware of the Leopard’.”

Keithmax, RyX, SharptoothC and 5 others like this.
  12. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Thank you Chris !

Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2018
    SharptoothC and jluc like this.
  13. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

I would like to nominate Adams pic for "most inspiring " award also soley on the fact that he has such good taste in music. I'd also suggest the winner of the shavette post a video using such weapon whilst Johnny Cash's hit " I walk the line " plays in the background . Feel free to second my vote .

14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'll nominate myself for the Mild-Mannered Shaver Award

Keithmax, NCoxSTL, 9nein9 and 2 others like this.
  15. Paul Turner

Another background song possibility could be from Cash's kid Roseanne...."Seven-Year Ache".

Keithmax and 9nein9 like this.
  16. Paul Turner

I bet that Williams was one of the originals from 1840....looks quite vintage.

17. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

This box is actually new . I think they have different images here in Canada. I have a box from the usa and it is different .

Keithmax, Drygulch and Linuxguile like this.
  18. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Johnny Cash makes everything better.

19. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

You can say that again !

jluc, Linuxguile and Drygulch like this.
  20. Paul Turner

Oh that's it.....surprising.

Drygulch and 9nein9 like this.