2nd Annual 30DC Shavey Awards

Discussion in 'General Shaving Talk' started by BaylorGator, Apr 28, 2018.

1. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

Also @Boojum1 is nominated for the following photo, which I have dubbed BBQ Grill Paladin. The Academy is fully aware that the grating in the pic is probably not a BBQ grill, so Mark may choose to name his photo more appropriately if he so desires.

For the record, that goes out as a standing offer to all other nominees in this category (so far @clint64 and @jtspartan), as does the ongoing offer that they may also substitute any photo posted in the 30DC thread that they (or others) deem to to be "more inspirational" at any time in order to ensure their best work is put forth for the nomination.

Congrats @Boojum1!
    [​IMG]

NCoxSTL, 9nein9, Keithmax and 3 others like this.
  2. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

I think the grill is the cover off something like one of those round floor model fans.

9nein9 and Keithmax like this.
  3. BaylorGator

I think so too, but I came up with a title quickly. I have now redubbed it "Paladin Grill Brush", to cover more possibilities of grills and gratings, while keeping the title equally ridiculous. Mark is welcome to rename it with a more high brow and appropriate title if he so desires.

4. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

It's good to be the King...

9nein9 and BaylorGator like this.
  5. BaylorGator

Yes but the scepter and crown can become a heavy burden, laden with the weight of responsibility. OK not really, but it sounded pretty Kingly, right? In reality, though, Neal is the Czar around here. I'm just the (alleged) leader of an (alleged) band of revolutionaries at the moment. We're just happy to have running water when we can find it.

RyX, 9nein9 and Keithmax like this.
  6. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Can you sharpen and shave with a scepter?

RyX, 9nein9, Keithmax and 2 others like this.
  7. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Now that would be an interesting episode of “Forged In Fire”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RyX, 9nein9, Keithmax and 2 others like this.
  8. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I nominate a new category: most improper use of menthol.

If accepted I nominate Adam for applying menthol to his new tattoo. Perhaps he should get a life time achievement award?

RyX, 9nein9, Linuxguile and 2 others like this.
  9. BaylorGator

Adam would clearly run away with this category. Every year. Past, present and future. As such, we could just give him the lifetime achievement award now, or in the interest of letting other people play, we could change the Most Ill Advised MAYhem Idea award to something like Biggest MAYhem Mistake which would include bad ideas, bad shaves, and other bad shaving related antics (to include those of the below the belt menthol variety). Or we could do both. Your call Keith.

9nein9 and Drygulch like this.
  10. Keithmax

I agree Adam has truly proven no one is in the same league when it comes to bad applications ideas for menthol. I propose a Life Time Achievement Award and I will donate a true Japanese Kamisori that is likely not shave ready.

RyX, 9nein9, Screwtape and 1 other person like this.
  11. BaylorGator

And with that, we have our first ever Lifetime Achievement Award, and our first Shavey awarded in 2018. The Academy congratulates @Drygulch and thanks @Keithmax for his generous sponsorship of the award!

Last edited: May 3, 2018
    Paul Turner, PanChango, RyX and 5 others like this.
  12. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

I am humbled by the recognition of my menthol prowess. I will atempt to use the award in a fitting way, but always above the belt. I can certainly say that I won’t get nuts with it. Thank you to both the award sponcer and the academy.

13. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Congrats @Drygulch :).

14. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Bully!!!

9nein9, BaylorGator and Keithmax like this.
  15. Keithmax

Here is the Life Time Achievement Award for @Drygulch

ID - 1.jpg

SharptoothC, RyX, jtspartan and 7 others like this.
  16. John Ruschmeyer

John Ruschmeyer Well-Known Member

Considering the month and the nature of the awards, I can't help but note an irony in the fact that the Kamisori is "not shave ready". :)

SharptoothC, RyX, 9nein9 and 4 others like this.
  17. BaylorGator

I mighta considered using Menthol on the nether regions for that bad boy! I wonder if that’s how those sadistic Japanese game shows got their start?

SharptoothC, RyX, 9nein9 and 3 others like this.
  18. BaylorGator

Despite this being an “encore” performance, the Stivette (blade epoxied to stick) is such a fine example of redneck engineering that it gets Fuzzy on the board for his first 2018 nomination. Congrats @wchnu!

SharptoothC, RyX, 9nein9 and 5 others like this.
  19. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Wooo. My thanks to the academy. There are several new members that had not seen it. I promise new stuff to come...

SharptoothC, RyX, 9nein9 and 6 others like this.
  20. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Hey, who wrote that speech? :cool: