3 New Razors Showed Up...

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by huck1680, Jul 28, 2012.

1. huck1680

huck1680 Great Northern CanUkrainian

Hi Guys

Just got these the last few days all won on the 'bay. Got 2 Adams razors in original shippers so I'd guess they were NOS. At least they look like it. Also theres a very nice condition Rotbart with case. These might be a little under appreciated, although they're a very good mid range aggressive razor. The travel brush I also won and the cool thing is it's made from bone or antler.
    The last one is a Karl Engel razor that's not quite right. It has the handle and the base plate but not the cap. The seller had it put together with the base & cap from some Gillette clone on top of the Engel base and cap. Frankenrazor indeed. So I got to thinking about what or where I could find a cap that would work with the Engel parts I had. Tried a few I had in the "parts" bin and then had the "lightbulb" moment. Why not use the cap from one of my 2 Adams razors? It fit perfectly but now to test with a shave. It worked great. 2 passes w/touchup and I'm very pleased with my "FrankenEngel" as well as the other 2 razors. Yay....cheers P1010389.JPG P1010390.JPG P1010391.JPG P1010395.JPG P1010398.JPG P1010400.JPG P1010401.JPG P1010402.JPG

2. Slipperyjoe

Slipperyjoe Rusty Metal Tetanus

Nice haul Huck!..

3. swarden43

swarden43 "It's your shave. Enjoy it your way."©

:signs154: Love 'em! Thanks for posting. Enjoy!

4. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    [​IMG]
    The old two bladed DE experiment?

5. alpla444

alpla444 That's sweet!

Come on Huck save some razors for the rest of us. LOL. nice find, you must have some collection now.

6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

That is the coolest thing I've seen all day.

7. GDCarrington

GDCarrington Burma Shave

Huck, nice acquisitions!