30 DC (and others) Meet Up in Saint Louis - Summer 2018

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by NCoxSTL, Jan 12, 2018.

?

Which month would be best for you to be able to attend?

1. June - Cards game on 2nd, 16th, 30th, early afternoon, two nights - PIrates, Cubs, Braves

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. July - Cards game would be either the 14th or 28th. Afternoon games. Reds or Cubs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. August - Cards game would be on the 18th if we chose that - night game with Brewers

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. Any will work so I'm good with the majority

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  5. June or July

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. July or August

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  7. June or August

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

That's the Arch on a hot summer day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Keithmax, Screwtape and wristwatchb like this.
  2. Drygulch

Drygulch Snowballs

Funny, that's exactly what the elevators feel like they are doing.

Keithmax, wristwatchb and NCoxSTL like this.
  3. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

...New York, Los Angeles, oh, how I yearned for you
    Detroit, Chicago, Chattanooga, Baton Rouge
    Let alone just to be at my home back in ol' St. Lou...

NCoxSTL, RyX and Keithmax like this.
  4. BaylorGator

BaylorGator MISTER Fancypants

So, there is always some guy who throws a goofy idea at a well conceived plan. Often that guy is me. So here goes: I just got a solicitation for the Maggards meet up with lots of freebies, PIFs, door prizes, vendors, etc. and I was thinking... what if we combined our meet up with this and got the ultimate shaving two-fer? Anyone... anyone... Buhler...Buhler... Thoughts???

PLAla likes this.
  5. RyX

RyX DoH!

I tend to ignore my email, unless I'm actually looking for an incoming message. Can you copy / paste the pertinent data of the Maggards Meet Up?

6. BaylorGator

Keithmax likes this.
  7. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Maggard is set for June 2. Looks like a big to-do, which it should be since they've done it before, obviously. I don't see a way of quickly switching to that and I personally wouldn't be able to get to Michigan on that date. I'm open for feedback for a couple of days from everyone else. My best suggestion would be to go ahead and continue ahead with St. Louis as long as we have enough that could still, or would still, be able to make it. Obviously I'll push the date away from the beginning of June to avoid a conflict.

Thoughts? Opinions?

Keithmax likes this.
  8. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Following your tail lights here.

Keithmax, wristwatchb and NCoxSTL like this.
  9. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Mmmmmmmmm. I'm trying to be nice, but it's very hard. It's hard being me. Deep breathing....

A two-fer would be great, but I think a St. Louis meetup logistically makes the most sense. Missouri is more centrally located than Michigan. It would be a much easier trip for many of those that are planning to drive.

Keithmax and NCoxSTL like this.
  10. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Well-Known Member

Wow, just made it. So I voted any month, figure if I can I can, if I can't I can't.

As for events, range day anyone? I've got some fun toys I'm always happy to share with. There's also an indoor range with a BBQ restaurant attached to it that isn't half bad.

Keithmax and NCoxSTL like this.
  11. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

That was very nice. See? Not difficult at all. I will freely admit I'd love to make it to the Maggard meet up someday if only to say I've been there. This wouldn't be the year, though, and I think having both won't necessarily detract from each other. The more I've considered everything, now that I'm away from the stress of work and well fed, the more I see where having both gives options. If someone can only make one then so be it. But for those who might want to do both, why not double the fun, eh?

Keithmax likes this.
  12. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

That's a no go for me given my travel logistics and I can't make early June anyway.

NCoxSTL likes this.
  13. BaylorGator

I figured calling an audible at this point was a no go. Just throwing it out there for consideration. I did forget that it would probably take away the BBQ option, which was a "bad read" on my part. As you were...

By the way, I understand how difficult it is to be you, Gaston, er I mean Charlie!

wristwatchb and NCoxSTL like this.
  14. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Neal, fantastic event! What's the weather like in Saint Louis in the summer?

15. COMPNOR

COMPNOR Well-Known Member

It could be anything. Depending on the month you're looking at the 80-90 degree range. Though 100s aren't unheard of for July and August

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

PLAla likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.