4711 ?

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Morman Bridge, Aug 21, 2016.

1. Morman Bridge

Morman Bridge Well-Known Member

Hello all, I just ordered my first bottle of 4711 cologne. I've seen it in some SOTD posts over the years, and I got curious. I was
    making an order from Maggards so I finally ordered it. Does it have any fans among us today? Please post your thoughts on the 4711 cologne. I want to know what you all think of it. Thanks. Have a great day!

Carbide Mike likes this.
  2. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

I remember enjoying it, but that is all.

I bought a bottle a number of years ago when it was on a ridiculous sale. I have been using the empty bottle for Superior 70 since I finished it.

3. Morman Bridge

Hello Pan Chango, thank you for your response. I'm looking forward to enjoying it too. Have a great day!

4. Morman Bridge

Hello all, I've had the 4711 a few days now. I've used it two or three times. I like it ok. It seems to have an old worldly smell to me. It's not my favorite, but it's ok. I'm glad I have it in the den. I think it will do well with my Pinaud Clubman. Thanks for your interest. Have a great day!

5. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I like it myself. (This is one of those scents that works well on both men & women.) It is kind of clean & fresh.

6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That's what is said about the Rise Super Foam......both men AND women have used it. Oh well, at least I qualify!

Carbide Mike likes this.
  7. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

That's good to know. :)

Carbide Mike likes this.
  8. crackstar

crackstar Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I love 4711. It's old-school and classy.

Carbide Mike likes this.
  9. Joachim

Joachim Well-Known Member

I have 4711 and i think that the scent is fresh and old school.but sadly the longevity is pretty poor.

10. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I like colognes, but 4711 is not my favourite. That is undoubtedly Cella Classica.

11. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

I love the smell if 4711 cologne. Our mother always had us wear it to Church. Nothing beats those old school scents. Next order I make for software will have some of the AS and a puck of Tabac.

12. HolyRollah

HolyRollah BaconLord

I still a nearly-full bottle of the aftershave. I don't mind the scent, but the wife does. Hence, I rarely use it.

Jorvaljr likes this.
  13. entropy1049

entropy1049 Well-Known Member

4711 is an unusual case for me. Almost exclusively when shave geeks hate a scent, I find myself going "Folks don't like this? Huh! I kinda like it...". Examples: The Veg, Tabac.

This is a case where I'm like "Folks actually like this stuff? Huh! I kinda dislike it intensely...".

But I'm seldom accused of having good taste...:D

14. David W650

David W650 Active Member

Got a big bottle of it.

To me it is strictly a hot weather cologne. It is very refreshing after a shower or a late day pick me up.

Only negative is it doesn't have much staying power.

15. canoeroller

canoeroller Well-Known Member

4711 is great for teenage boys. Since the scent dissipates quickly, it is hard for them to over indulge, and fill the room with fumes -at least the fumes of 4711. Sadly, there is no safety from the self generated fumes of teenage boys.

16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

My brother-in-law has a bottle. I'll have to ask "his wife" if she minds it (chuk yuk yuk).

17. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Does it have any fans? Yes, me (and many others, I believe)

--
    Pitralon forever - Real pens have a nib - If it doesn't tick, it's not a watch.