A bad blade.

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by Tvern13, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Tvern13

Tvern13 Member

I have been doing really well steadily progressing with no problems but after the last blade change I really had to struggle to get a good shave. Same brand as I have been using (Derby), prep the same, technique the same extremely bad shave with irritation. 2nd shave on same blade even worse. Really started to doubt myself. I get to the 3rd shave. As soon as I start I am getting tugging and pulling. I stopped and changed to another new blade back to smooth and easy..... It was a bad blade all along!!! What a relief I was starting to doubt myself and swapping over to the DE razor.

2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

It does happen sometimes. Glad you were able to figure it out, fairly soon.

3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Derbys can be inconsistent when it comes to quality control. Glad you figured it out.

4. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

It's actually amazing how very few "bad" blades you get...I can't tell you the last time I got an unusable blade...Just another plus for "traditional" DE shaving if you do happen to get a bad blade it may cost you at most 50 cents unlike a bad cart...:angry032:

5. DLreno

DLreno Well-Known Member

Since I stopped using Derbys over 2 yrs ago, worked through my samplers and gravitated to 5 or so blade brands, my "bad" blade incidences have almost completely disappeared.

6. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    ^That.

I've even gotten a bad Feather blade. Granted, it was 1 blade out of 300, but still, it happens...

7. BudWhite

BudWhite Well-Known Member

This happens every time I use any Astra blade