A Different Scent

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by ob1page, Jan 28, 2017.

1. ob1page

ob1page Frozen in Phoenix

In my search for a masculine scent I have come across descriptions of various products that sound so different that they are intriguing me, for example Chiseled Face Midnight Stag and Stirling Texas on Fire. Are there any other products out there that are different from the standard everyday scents? I am interested in both soaps and aftershaves and performance does count, no sense in smelling good if the product isn't worth using. Your help is greatly appreciated.

2. PickledNorthern

PickledNorthern Fabulous, the unicorn

-Stirling Electric Sheep, Ozark Mountain, Ben Franklin
    -Barrister and Mann Lavanille
    -L and L Marshland

All of these are great performers, and every one of them is definitely unique in the scent department.

3. Straight razor dandy

Straight razor dandy Stuck cleaning the house himself PERMANENTLY

Stirling soap, L&L grooming, Barrister and Mann, Avon, and Pinaud will be your best friends.

@PickledNorthern has some great suggestions above.

You can look for fougere, vetiver, bay rum, oud, leather, tar, and fir for some of the manlier scents around.

Catie's bubbles 322, Stirling Ozark mountain, dr Jon's Anne bonny bay rum, barrister and mann lavanille (actually, b&m has a ton of great scents), and mickey Lee soap works reunion
    I would recommend searching for Avon and Pinaud aftershaves. Avon made a phenomenal leather scent. Pinaud has a nice virgin island bay rum and a great special reserve scent that has often been compared to "what Indiana Jones would have worn."

RyX, Dzia Dzia and ob1page like this.
  4. ob1page

I already have Ozark Mountain, it's one of my favorites. I also found a few Avon bottles, one didn't have the scent label but it has a heavy leather scent. It's what started me on this hunt.

RyX likes this.
  5. Smooth Steve

Smooth Steve Well-Known Member

PAA #9 - Now Home on the Range
    Steve

Paul Turner, ob1page and Ksblazer like this.
  6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'd like to think of the Clubman SR scent as "what Jack Palance probably DID wear"(when he wasn't wearing Skin Bracer, that is). No offense meant to Jonesie.

RyX and ob1page like this.
  7. ob1page

I picked up some Pinaud Special Reserve and Bay Rum today

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  8. KAV

KAV Well-Known Member

Ken @ PALADIN brushes has 5 extraordinary tallow soaps. They are fussy at first sorting out the right water ratio but then settle in for yoeman service.
    SILK ROAD ;Vetiver, Lavender,Anise: It's hard to describe; light and airy, mowing the grass while chewing a licorice stick.
    NATCHEZ TRACE; Bay,Pine, Cedar: Uh, cedarchest.
    TOBACCO ROAD;Spices,leather, pipe tobacco: packing the food on a muletrain into the high country
    CROSSROADS; tobacco leaf, sandalwood, menthol: Use this at midnight on one and old scratch's sulfer soap will turn him really red in embaressment.
    PYTHIAN WAY; Lilium, Woods,Vanilla: You're on a trading schooner passing an island at night and smell this. You jump ship,swim ashore and Gaugain is painting a lost scene of a tahitian sunrise.