a little advice

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by michael54, Mar 7, 2014.

1. michael54

michael54 Well-Known Member

New guys I've been wet shaving for a little over a year now and looking in my medicine cabinet I've came to a realization. If I could give any advice to myself as a new member it would be to buy samples instead of the whole soap or cream or as. I've been on a mission to eliminate all oF my samples and it's gonna take me until July shaving every day. I have enough soap and jars of creams and tubes of creams to last a few years. I never realized how long a 4 oz puck of soap would last. There's a ton of vendors that offer stuff in sample sizes which are more than generous with their sample sizes. The shave den shop is one :). I've also created a sample exchange with a few members that joined around the same time as me JRod22 Ryan bales and srpavko. When we buy something if the other wants to try it we ship them some. It's a great way to see what you like and don't without buying the whole thing first. Whether it's blades soaps creams or aftershaves. Or even loaning out a razor. I hope this helps ya.

Badger-Face, Troy M and georgemoe like this.
  2. georgemoe

georgemoe Member

Thanks for the tip michael54. Appreciated.

3. michael54

michael54 Well-Known Member

I hope it helps :)

4. Darkbulb

Darkbulb Cookie Hoarder

I used to have a rule for myself that was "Don't have more than 6 months of soap on hand"
    I now have about 2 years of soap.
    I have abandoned rules.
    :)

georgemoe and RaZorBurn123 like this.
  5. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout The Smart Bunny

I have taken it upon myself to boost the economy with wet shaving purchases. :D