A Modern Gem Style Blade SE Razor? Yes, Thank You Blackland Sabre...

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Str8on2, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Kypros Christodoulides

Kypros Christodoulides Well-Known Member

As far as SE AC razors go, we have a vast selection to choose from and many of us have more than one. Now it's the turn of the new Gem blade razors to hit the floor. We are bombarded with so many great choices, I don't know which ones to choose. Knowing myself and having bought the Rocnel SE-G in the first place, on the strength that I like the way Rocnels shave, I'm curious to see comparative shaving reports between all of the new offerings if I'm to decide to go for another Gem.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  2. ugadawg

ugadawg Well-Known Member

For me the advantage of modern design is that there are more choices and a lot of them have more blade exposure, which I prefer. I have tried several vintage Gillettes, and while I like the way they look, I don't enjoy the shave as much. I even liked my Merkur that I started out with more than my vintage razors.

John Ruschmeyer likes this.
  3. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

FWIW all of Merkur designs are pretty "vintage" And there's a whole lot of interesting designs outside the Gillette world.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

4. ugadawg

ugadawg Well-Known Member

Good point. I never liked Gillette cartridges either. I used Schick. Gillettes are just the easiest to find, so that's what I tried. I'll have to look into some other brands