A new undertaking

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by LKLive13, Jun 10, 2017.

1. LKLive13

LKLive13 Well-Known Member

I'm in the process of trying to make a pocket edition case for my first tech razor. So I have the project started and hopefully it will look halfway decent when I am done. I bought a gutless case off eBay for $5 with this being the goal. I am going to post pics as this comes along. Hopefully it might inspire someone else to try the same. Here is the starting point...
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gorgo2, AGHisBBS, Jorvaljr and 6 others like this.
  2. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Awesome idea. Are you planning to use foam under the felt?

Every case Ive seen like that has a broken tab so they wont stay closed.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

3. LKLive13

I'm going to build up the small compartments under the felt with balsa wood and use the crown bag felt to cover it all. This is a first for me but I think the idea in my head will work with some spray adhesive.

AGHisBBS, RetLEO-07, mrchick and 2 others like this.
  4. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Very ambitious project! Good luck with it! :happy088:

5. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

Anxious to see how it goes. Wanting to do a gift set for someone and curious about going this route.

6. LKLive13

Worked on it a little last night and it's back to the drawing board with internal design. Trying to put the wood inside the case with all the razor parts isn't going to be as easy as I hoped, of course it won't all fit. I'm not going to give up I just need to figure out how to get rid of some of the wood.

mrchick likes this.
  7. Stu929

Stu929 Well-Known Member

High denisty foam and a soldering iron is likely what I will try when I get the stones. I have seen people go to town to make custom gun cases.

8. LKLive13

That's what I'm thinking about for my next option. I don't know what I was thinking when I thought all that would fit. lol maybe I should use my brain next time. lol