A question about Myrsol

Discussion in 'Preshave and Aftershave' started by BigMark83, Sep 17, 2017.

1. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

I have become interested in at least two of the Myrsol aftershaves. They are the F/Extra and Blue. Can anyone enlighten me as to the ingredients. I'm having a difficult time finding them, and I want to try them but not if they contain glycerin or Castor Oil. Too much glycerin doesn't always agree with me. Thank you.

Keithmax, RaZorBurn123 and PLAla like this.
  2. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

@clint64 uses Myrsol aftershaves. Perhaps he can help you out.

3. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

I have both and like them. I prefer to use f/extra in the cooler months, and blue in the summertime. Here's a shot of the ingredients. Same list for both.
    IMG_1800.jpg

4. cmorris357

cmorris357 catching flies.........

By the way, Sorbitol is a sugar alcohol that is used in some cosmetics to prevent the skin drying tendencies of the denatured alcohol.

Tedolph, Keithmax, RyX and 1 other person like this.
  5. BigMark83

BigMark83 [...........] this space intentionally left blank

:bounce017::bounce015:. I know what I'm going to buy, eventually.

cmorris357 likes this.
  6. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

The Agua De Limon is fantastic!

Tedolph likes this.
  7. stingraysrock

stingraysrock PIF'd away his custom title

I bought the Balsamic flavor based on the reviews I had seen of it. I tried it once and traded it for something that I can't recall at the moment. The Balsamic was straight rosemary scent and it just did not smell good to me as an aftershave.

The skincare was good, the scent was not.

8. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

I have the F Extra and I haven't used it much, I should.

9. Rhody

Rhody Well-Known Member

Myrsol is a vexing product in that I want to buy but the reviews are all over the map in term of scent descriptions and preference. The price in the states keeps me from pulling the trigger though

10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Below is a chart of Myrsol Ingredients posted on several forums by Dr Dulcamara. From my understanding the numbers represent the order in which the ingredient is listed on the label. I was fortunate enough to get samples of most of the Floid and Myrsol aftershaves when they were available. From my personal experience, F/Extra is very similar to Floid and the Myrsol Blue is very similar to Floid Blue. I would suggest ordering from Gifts and Care out of Spain. When combined with more than one item the shipping cost is more than acceptable.

Myrsol Ingredients.jpg

BigMark83 and Keithmax like this.
  11. HKShaving

HKShaving Member

I just got back from Barcelona and got to check out all of the Myrsol aftershaves. I came home with the Balsamica and Formula K. Yes, the Balsamica is heavy on the rosemary and lavender, but I kind of like it. I do feel Myrsol stuff is very overpriced, though, even in Spain, when Floid and La Toja products are so much cheaper and IMO better. The bottles certainly look good in the bathroom, though, so if you want your bathroom looking pretty Myrsol may be worth the extra expense!