A question for my long time DE shavers

Discussion in 'Shave School' started by cigarlover, Aug 30, 2016.

1. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

My first shave with my VDH razor and Wilkinson Sword blade left my face looking like a banzai charge(little white flags with red meatballs). Too much pressure. Bad habit from shaving with disposables. Once that was unlearned, things have gone much smoother and cut free.

Jim99, Demidog and Bama Samurai like this.
  2. Spyder

Spyder Well-Known Member

Started with a de and se in the 70's. Always had cuts, but hardly ever changed blades either. When I went back a couple years ago I admit that I had a few nicks along the way. That all stopped until I picked up the injector. My Schick type E likes to bite, if you don't pay attention. But I basically enjoyed cut/nick irritation free shaves for well over a year, then I picked up the str8:). Man, those things have sharp edges everywhere! After shaving with a straight for about three weeks the cuts stopped. I must have learned my lesson after that last blood transfusion:).

Jim99 and Demidog like this.
  3. Rusty blade

Rusty blade The Good Humor Man

With over 40+ years of putting various kinds of blades on my face from fixed head cartridges, flex head, multiple blade cartridges, DE, SE, SR razors, failure to change blades when they were dull and using everything from plain water to high end soaps for shaving, shaving in the dark to bouncing around in a small train bathroom to just plain laziness or inattention I have drawn blood more than once. I view each one of those nicks, cuts, weepers or slices as great teachers. And I just accept the fact that a razor sharp cold steel blade will eventually draw blood. Life is meant to be lived to the fullest. Enjoy!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  4. RetLEO-07

RetLEO-07 likes his penguin deep fried, with pink sparkles

Preach it, brother, preach it. Amen.
    :happy088:

Demidog, Rusty blade and Spyder like this.